What's new

You want to like it... But you can't

reddude333

Giga Poster
For me I'm going to have to say Green Lantern at SFMM. Now I haven't had the chance to ride it yet but it seems I never will. I was anticipating it so much because it was the first Zacspin in the US but I just recently found out it has a height restriction of 6'4"...and I am 6'5". Now I just have to hope for a nice ride operator (or one who just doesn't care, I'll take either)

reddude333

Giga Poster
They have those frickin' measuring sticks though...that's how I got denied on Deja Vu

Anyway, I also have to mention how I really just want to love (B&M) stand-ups, but, with the exception of Riddler's Revenge, I just can't ever feel comfortable in them. I was looking forward to Mantis but after I got off I was just glad I could feel my feet again.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, and I probably will do that if it really comes down to it. We all know those restrictions are complete bs anyway and they could always give another few inches...

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
Nitro. It looks so nice standing there, and you would think it would be a good ride, but it bored the **** out of me.

Mark

Strata Poster
Goliath at Walibi Holland...

I remember having ridden EGF I thought I would absolutely adore Goliath but I didn't. So I gave it another try, and a third and fouth and I just didn't enjoy it. I found it really meh and it did nothing for me. :-(

reddude333

Giga Poster
^I find that very hard to believe (although I obviously do). I've never been to Walibi World, but the location itself makes it seem like Goliath would be worth it. Ah well, I think I probably would enjoy it...

Mark

Strata Poster
reddude333 said:
^I find that very hard to believe (although I obviously do). I've never been to Walibi World, but the location itself makes it seem like Goliath would be worth it. Ah well, I think I probably would enjoy it...

Believe me, I wish it wasn't the case. It looks fantastic, its in a brilliant setting... I think it may have been where I had ridden EGF beforehand and was expecting that much airtime etc again but it didn't work out that way and I just felt totally dissapointed by it :-(

steel

Mega Poster
I305... The trims weren't the (only) problem for me. My favorite thing about tall coasters is the sensation of speed and freedom and the shoulder straps just killed that. I also tend to get headaches easily after lots of positive g's, so that's not great. It was a fun ride, though, I guess. Just not nearly as good as it could have been.

And then Talon. I think I must have gotten this coaster on a really bad day because it was seriously rough. Like bruises rough. And overforceful in some places. Everyone in the group I was with said they greyed out at least once, which doesn't seem like the kind of thing Talon was designed to do. Maybe I was expecting to much, since it was my 100th coaster, but I did give it a couple chances and it was purely unenjoyable. I fully intend to back and try again, though, because I don't know if I've seen a more beautiful coaster.

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. But I didn't have those problems.. it was just lackluster with the trims. As I've said many times.. 305 has SO much potential.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Anything B&m. All their rides feel tame with a few exceptions:
Batman The Ride
Mantis

I enjoyed medusa, but idk why. It was also tame to me.

I really just find B&M too smooth to me, i felt Iron Dragon was more intense than Raptor. And Wicked Twister just Sh*ts on both of those.

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
I'm not a big fan of Superman: Ultimate Flight. Besides the pretzel loop, the ride is boring, and sometimes it gives me a headache.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I already posted Superman: ultimate flight but also Bizarro/medusa the past 2 times I went off I bashed my head on the OTSR coming out of the Cobra Roll.

Error

Strata Poster
Honestly, Six Flags Great America was just unwelming. I think in the whole park, I only like 3 coasters: Viper, Batman, and Whizzer. And even then only Whizzer really stands out. The two biggest upsets were Raging Bull(crap) and Iron Wolf. Raging Bull looked like an amazing, airtime ride. But it just failed to give that needed airtime. As for Iron Wolf, it was good fun but an earsore.

That's all I got to say for now, though I think I may have another post after tomorrow.

Snoo

The Legend
dropthefloor93 said:
Anything B&m. All their rides feel tame with a few exceptions:
Batman The Ride
Mantis

I enjoyed medusa, but idk why. It was also tame to me.

I really just find B&M too smooth to me, i felt Iron Dragon was more intense than Raptor. And Wicked Twister just Sh*ts on both of those.

You need to go ride something with quality. From what I can put together from where you've been.. you haven't been on anything even regarding quality.. even by enthusiast standards.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
The Ultimate.

On paper it looks a brilliant ride and it looks amazing but it's roughness just puts it down for me. Everything is silk smooth compared to the Ultimate.