What's new

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Another vote for Efteling here. If the amazing building wasn't enough in itself, when you get in there they have acrobats on ribbons twirling round high above the turnstiles.
Amazing. Love that place.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Depends what is meant by entrance: what you see as you approach the front gate (i.e., just outside the park proper), or just inside the gates as you first enter into the park. Those answering Efteling I assume mean the entrance from the outside?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Depends what is meant by entrance: what you see as you approach the front gate (i.e., just outside the park proper), or just inside the gates as you first enter into the park. Those answering Efteling I assume mean the entrance from the outside?
I assumed the question meant entrance experience in general, as in approaching and / or inside. So Efteling is a great shout (though I’m not a huge fan of the park) as that entrance building is breathtaking enough on it’s own. Alton Towers is another good answer as Towers Street and the Towers / Lake are breathtaking enough on their own. PL though SHOCKING on the outside has the very beautiful Berlin just beyond the gate.

What I’m trying to say is, give us your favourite part of any entrance, be it inside or outside.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
1920_wintereftelingentrancebuilding.jpg

Vs

Thorpe-Park-Hero-1-1440x454.jpg

giphy.gif

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
You're all wrong. This was clearly the best entrance ever!!! I miss the days of queuing along the mental fencing waiting for the gates to open twice a week... You knew it was nearly time when they walked the horses over from Shipley Country Park ready for the shows.

American_Adventure_Entrance_-_geograph.org.uk_-_196094.jpg

Of course, the original entrance was actually incredible, both in terms of the actual entrance, and the view you got walking down the hill into the park. But due to the mining history of the area, and subsidence, that entrance had to be closed to the public :(

Sandman

Giga Poster
Camelot was definitely one of my favourites growing up, pure nostalgia.
Certainly one of the most distinctive theme park entrances we had in the UK.

51931969548_809b091280_c.jpg

spicy

Giga Poster
1647012318601.png

Actually really like this entrance and the art deco style. Only Disney park in the world where the entrance is better than the actual park. All downhill once you enter Studio 1.

Indy

Hyper Poster
From the outside, it's definitely Efteling. That building is just so impressive.

However, once you're inside the gates, I still have to go with Kings Island. Maybe I'm a little biased from my childhood, but I love it. It feels majestic in a way.

IMG_6273.JPG

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
From the outside, it's definitely Efteling. That building is just so impressive.

However, once you're inside the gates, I still have to go with Kings Island. Maybe I'm a little biased from my childhood, but I love it. It feels majestic in a way.

View attachment 16572
Ugh, don't get me started on how they cutdown and reset all the tree growth.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Portaventura for me- the lake and the beautiful blue Intamin track swooping down over it is just so lush! The towering B&Ms laying in the background also make for a great backdrop.