What's new

astead04

Roller Poster
For me, the parks with the best entrances are:
•Islands of Adventure ('The Adventure Begins/Lives On' ? Also the music is great)
•Alton Towers (I absolutely love the entrance music here and Towers Street always gets me excited)
•PortAventura World (Mediterranìa is a brilliant and beautiful entrance area and I love the lake in the middle and how Furius Baco interacts with that lake)
•Magic Kingdom/Disneyland/Disneyland Paris (Main Street U.S.A paved the way and is truly iconic, if it weren't for that entrance we wouldn't have Towers Street)

What about you guys?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Efteling. Obviously. :p

pe34ocF.jpg

75wHgaf.jpg

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Not Phantasialand... 70's monstrosity!

Alton is always pretty magical for me. Although I was really impressed with the new Toverland entrance recently!

astead04

Roller Poster
Not Phantasialand... 70's monstrosity!

Alton is always pretty magical for me. Although I was really impressed with the new Toverland entrance recently!
Phantasialand needs its entrance refurbished asap...even Thorpe Park has a better entrance than Phantasialand and that's a problem

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Phantasialand needs its entrance refurbished asap...even Thorpe Park has a better entrance than Phantasialand and that's a problem

I quite like that it's rubbish, such a contrast between the entrance and the rest of the park.. almost like a hidden secret, but I ****ing love PL so they can't do much wrong in my opinion!!

davidm

Strata Poster
Come up a few times this topic...

but the answer is Efteling,

astead04

Roller Poster
Come up a few times this topic...

but the answer is Efteling,
I apologise for seemingly copying other threads but I had no idea.
Also...valid.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
Efteling is one of my favourite alongside Toverland.
But my favorite one is Europa Park, walking with the music with SilverStar next to you, going in the tunnel and exit in front of that plaza where you can see Silver Star's first drop, Eurosat in the back and the monorail station !

astead04

Roller Poster
I
Efteling is one of my favourite alongside Toverland.
But my favorite one is Europa Park, walking with the music with SilverStar next to you, going in the tunnel and exit in front of that plaza where you can see Silver Star's first drop, Eurosat in the back and the monorail station !
I've never been to Europa but that does sound like a great entrance. Also we need to discuss how music can make entering a theme park that much more exciting.

Peet

Giga Poster
Alton Towers' entrance is my favourite - the corkscrews are great and take me back to my childhood visits when I thought Corkscrew was the greatest coaster ever. Then the walk down Towers Street with the lake and castle ahead of you is pretty magical. The only downside is having to fend off the people wanting to take your photo and sell it to you for £8 - I really don't understand who is buying these!

For best entrance building/structure, yeah it's Efteling - it's fantastic.

Hands down the worst entrance in relation to the quality of the park is Phanta.

astead04

Roller Poster
Alton Towers' entrance is my favourite - the corkscrews are great and take me back to my childhood visits when I thought Corkscrew was the greatest coaster ever. Then the walk down Towers Street with the lake and castle ahead of you is pretty magical. The only downside is having to fend off the people wanting to take your photo and sell it to you for £8 - I really don't understand who is buying these!
Just a bit of advice: That happens at Disney parks in Main Street USA as well.

mo237

Roller Poster
Easily Efteling for me. A great entrance needs a huge thing that makes you go "oh ok, that's pretty large and awesome", and Efteling does it the second you drive in.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

For best entrance building/structure, yeah it's Efteling - it's fantastic.

Hands down the worst entrance in relation to the quality of the park is Phanta.

Not sure anybody is buying them, but you can take your ticket to the photo booth and get it added to your annual digi pass which you got for free with your annual pass, so it’s a nice little bonus for many who visit as a big family group, and would never get a ride photo with everyone on... A proffesional quality photo on Towers Street in front of the Towers, for free. :)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yeah, Efteling.

Shout out to Thorpe though. I mean, you literally cross a lake, see Stealth poking out above the dome, Colossus and Saw to your left, Swarm slightly to your right. It's an exciting entrance.

It's not the best due to the bad security check and turnstiles, and the dome being dated (and the bridge being a bit too narrow for it to cope during busy periods), BUT walking over that bridge can still be pretty special for newbies.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Is Six Flags New England a weird one to chuck in there? Vividly remember walking down the path from the entrance building with these really cool colonial structures either side, and sprawling messes of steel surrounding the horizon in the distance, with Superman crown and centre (even tho I thought it was ****, it looked pretty cool).

ncvegas21

Roller Poster
Gonna have to agree with you on IOA. The mystical land with all the rock is very cool and unique, the lighthouse tower has become an icon, and as you said the music puts you in a good mood and it always gets me in the "theme park mindset" every time I come in through there.

Magic Kingdom of course iconic and beautiful. Always will be. That's about as classic as it gets.