What's new

What other hobbies do you have?

Snoo

The Legend
We all know you sluts are here because you love coasters, but what else do you love to do? I don't know if we've had a topic about this and I think we've had but figured a new one is warranted. :D

For me, it's sports. I grew up a sports fan of Cleveland, including the Indians (baseball), Browns (american football), and Cavaliers (basketball). For those who know professional sports in the United States, you already know my pain in that regard (1 professional championship in 50+ years). I'm also a big hockey fan of my adopted hometown of Columbus and the Blue Jackets.

However, my biggest fandom is for The Ohio State Buckeyes (american football). I've been going to their games for years and had season tickets a few years back.

11038756_690366833971_3851634598423693517_o.jpg

So lets hear it!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I absolutely LOVE theater. I love seeing it, I love working in it, I love the atmosphere, the list goes on. I especially enjoy the technical side of everything. It's just so cool seeing how all the special effects are pulled off.

So of course I'm an even bigger slut for SFX on rides. Fog and lights <3

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Dogs.
Actually it's not really a hobby because I don't do anything with my dogs, don't show 'em, don't breed 'em, don't hunt or race with 'em... I just bloody love 'em! Dogs are brilliant. I grew up with lots of dogs and I don't think I'd be without one now. Just got the one dog now, his name is Fritz, and he's awesome. :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Dogs.
Actually it's not really a hobby because I don't do anything with my dogs, don't show 'em, don't breed 'em, don't hunt or race with 'em... I just bloody love 'em! Dogs are brilliant. I grew up with lots of dogs and I don't think I'd be without one now. Just got the one dog now, his name is Fritz, and he's awesome. :)
Dogs are life <3

Gonna second Snoo with the sports, but also coaching. I love to coach football, the American one. I'm currently consulting for the team I used to coach, but intention is next year to be coaching a middle/high school team and teach History as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Sports for me too! I'm a huge Cambridge United supporter! I also watch Rugby, F1, Cricket (sometimes), tennis and NBA!

I'm also really into beer and am a judge in national beer competitions!

JSM

Mega Poster
Watching baseball (San Francisco Giants)
Coasters
Playing Baseball

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I have quite a few other hobbies as well.

Aside from coasters, my primary hobby is mentoring a high school FIRST robotics team. I was a student on the team and decided to return after I graduated from college. It's an activity that has allowed me to keep my engineering mind fresh since I have to teach some equations and theories that I simply do not use for my job. Robotics has been a great outlet for my competitiveness as we compete with said robots in March and April. Finally and most importantly, it's incredibly rewarding to interact with students as they learn various hard and soft skills and then go off to college and succeed in their studies.

Cars. I've lived almost my whole life in the Motor City. I work in the automotive industry. I enjoy driving, I love watching The Grand Tour and Top Gear, and I've been slowly becoming more interested in motorsports (currently most interested in IMSA). I haven't yet gotten into actual racing yet aside from the occasional stint at a go-kart track, but I can definitely see myself getting into racing at some point down the road (no pun intended).

Aerospace. I've had interest in space since grade school, but with more accessible information over the past few years, it's been a more accessible hobby. I took an aerospace engineering class in college, I occasionally play Kerbal Space Program, and I frequently stream rocket launches. Three years ago, I was fortunate enough to visit Kennedy Space Center and see the Atlantis space shuttle up close and personal as well as watch an Atlas V rocket launch from the Cape. It was such a surreal, humbling, incredible experience - rocketry and space exploration are (in my opinion) the pinnacle of human achievement, and it's amazing to watch the industry continue to innovate and push the limits.

Skiing. This hobby has taken a back seat with robotics taking up so much of my time during the winter months, but I am able to make it out about once per year now.

Snoo

The Legend
Aerospace. I've had interest in space since grade school, but with more accessible information over the past few years, it's been a more accessible hobby. I took an aerospace engineering class in college, I occasionally play Kerbal Space Program, and I frequently stream rocket launches. Three years ago, I was fortunate enough to visit Kennedy Space Center and see the Atlantis space shuttle up close and personal as well as watch an Atlas V rocket launch from the Cape. It was such a surreal, humbling, incredible experience - rocketry and space exploration are (in my opinion) the pinnacle of human achievement, and it's amazing to watch the industry continue to innovate and push the limits.

You know we're going to see the SLS launch.

peep

CF Legend
I have a few other hobbies. Film/TV are a big part of my life to the point that it's the industry I've been working in for quite some time.

Last few years (Mysterious) Sue and co have been getting me into boardgames. I now have a decent set of games and go to meet ups in London and even attended the big expo in Birmingham earlier in the year. It's been fun and I love the social side of it.

Travelling is quite a big deal for me, it's more a side-product of my travelling for creds but I love seeing the local culture when I get about.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Gin, BBQ, Spurs (Football not Yankee doodle eggball)
I can talk for hours about them without getting bored.