What's new

What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

What is your favourite B&M Inverted Coaster?

• Batman Clones

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Raptor/Monster

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Montu

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Alpengeist

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Afterburn

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Flight Deck

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Talon

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Great Bear

• Silver Bullet

• DC Chinese Fireball

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • DC Hungarian Horntail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Patriot

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pyrenees

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • OzIris

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

• Banshee

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

marc

CF Legend
What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

1. Nemesis
2. Mamba
3. Montu
4. Katun
5. Batman sfmm
6. Inferno
7. Silver bullet
8. Oz

Dragons can go away.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
To rank the ones I've ridden:

1. Alpengeist - Sentimental value may play a role in my ranking it highest, but I do love the speed and huge inversions, as they're way different from any other invert I've ridden.
2. Montu - Fantastic ride, all the way around. Haven't ridden it in quite awhile, but I do recall the batwing and zero-G roll being quite good. I also love the way it plays with the landscape by diving in and out of trenches.
3. Talon - Just a really fun ride with great pacing and an interesting, unique layout. Little pops of airtime balance out a few high-G moments, and every element is smooth and enjoyable.
4. Afterburn - Solid ride with another quality layout. As with Montu, the batwing element is the star of the show.
5. Batman: The Ride (SFoG/SFGAdv) - Intense, and somewhat short, but lots of fun. Very impressive ride for its size.
6. Raptor - Not blown away by it, but still a fun ride. The helix at the end is underrated.
7. Chinese Fireball - The better of the two Dueling Dragons. I prefer its layout, which focuses more on speed.
8. Hungarian Horntail - Not uncomfortable or too intense, just not as much fun as its counterpart.
9. Great Bear - The only B&M invert that has straight-up disappointed me. It's not crap, but there's just nothing special about it at all except for perhaps the unusual little helix thing before the first drop. After that, it does a 3-inversion sequence copy-pasted from Montu (without Montu's theming) and then, where Montu really picks up in the second half, Great Bear turns around & starts heading back to the station. Lame.

Edit: Forgot that I already posted in this topic. Oh well.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The more of these I go on, the more I understand why Nemesis is so highly rated.

Nemesis isn't my favourite coaster, and it isn't even my favourite B&M Invert (OzIris), but I can see why people love it.

kimahri

CF Legend
Mmmm, another one of these.

Only done GAdv's Batman clone. It was fun but didn't have the bite that I want from an Invert.

Nemesis can have my babies.

N:I cannot. It's nice and give the B&M hug, even in thorpe but it's meh. The Prelift though can have love.

Alpengeist.
2nanvcy.jpg
<3. That is all.

Talon is interesting. It's good yeah but it seems a bit lobotamised. It's been stripped of the B&M roar. Makes it a bit souless and dead...

Great bear was cool to say the least, I did enjoy it muchly.

OzIris was Beautiful. Especially in the front. I'd say it's my joint favorite with Nemesis.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
In the past few weeks I have ridden 2 new B&M inverts which were brilliant and now I have ridden 11 of them. Here they are in order:

1. Montu: intense all the way through but the batwing is what makes it special. 10/10
2. Nemesis: great use of the terrain and whipping over all the inversions. 10/10
3. Katun: huge layout that's amazing all the way through but a bit rough. 9.5/10
4. Oziris: amazing first half, slightly dull second half. 9.5/10
5. Black mamba: amazing theming and intense curving at the end. 9/10
6. Batman: very intense layout and great corkscrews but not very interesting. 9/10
7. DC: Hungarian horntail: standard invert but an amazing cobra roll. 9/10
8. DC: Chinesse fireball: unique layout but it is nothing special. 8.5/10
9. Nemesis inferno: good ride, but an average invert. 8/10
10. Flight deck: don't remember much about this ride I don't think it was amazing.7.5/10
11. Silver bullet: very dull all the way round and I did not feel compelled to ride again. 7/10

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Been on:
Batman the Ride
Talon
Alpengeist
Raptor
Great Bear

Best:
Alpengeist - by far. As forceful as Batman and Talon, but the ride lasts much longer and is much bigger. I love the layout, and the cobra roll is absolutely insane.

oryp

Roller Poster
When I went to BGW last week, I had the smoothest ride I've ever had on Alpengeist. It is definitely my favorite B&M invert now. It was smoother than Griffon and Apollo's Chariot that day.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Patriot is my favorite invert. The smoothest B&M Invert I have ever been on. Plus the zero g roll is incredible, and the paint schme looks sweet.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
CoastingChris50 said:
Only been on Great Bear and the DC Chinese Fireball. I love inverted coasters and I love the two B&M ones i've been on. I've also been on Mind Eraser at SFNE which is a vekoma invert and I really liked that one as well.

Been on Talon since then and it is my favorite out of the three I've been on.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
I've ridden:
Batman (SFMM)
Great Bear
Afterburn
Alpengeist
Silver Bullet

Batman is just simply one of the best examples that a short, small, clone can be amazing. I swear the layout is perfectly balanced between high force and fast rotation. The intensity is sustained through the course and it is a highly underrated ride.

Great Bear was really enjoyable if not overly intense. The pre-drop helix is fun and the first drop gives some nice floater air in the back row. The zero-g is amazing and the other inversions fun but it just meanders a bit too much.

Afterburn was basically the pinnacle of both intensity and what I look for in an invert. The batwing was just bliss in every row, the zero-g was great, the loop and immelman were both full of force and floater. It ended with the camelback into the best corkscrew I've ever ridden (amazing snap) and a nice forceful helix.

Alpengeist had a fair rattle when I rode a few weeks ago but really lacked intensity. I rode it 11 times over the course of the day in every row and never really found a sweet spot. The cobra roll was amazing as was the first drop but the loop just strange and the immelman forceless. The ending had potential that it used but it could have just used something else.

Silver Bullet was a great ride that actually had some intensity but not a huge amount. I love the overbank into the cobra roll and the final helix is just great. Overall just a really solid ride, nothing earth shattering but still very good and reridable.

My ranking would have to be:

Afterburn by a large margin
Batman just edging out SB
Silver Bullet
Alpengeist a ways behind
Great Bear the worst but not far behind Alpengeist

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
bizarrofan10 said:
Been on:
Batman the Ride
Talon
Alpengeist
Raptor
Great Bear

Best:
Alpengeist - by far. As forceful as Batman and Talon, but the ride lasts much longer and is much bigger. I love the layout, and the cobra roll is absolutely insane.
Well, not by far anymore. I went on a B:TR clone at La Ronde (called Vampire in Canada) and loved it - especially at night. B:TR just moved up to #19 on my list and is VERY close to Alpengeist, but I still give Alpy the slight nod.

Btw, the order is
1. Alpengeist
2. Batman: The Ride
3. Talon
4. Raptor
5. Great Bear

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
^ Yeah, B:TR clones are amazing at night, I rode SFMM's a few times at Fright Fest last year with the normal lights off but with fog, strobes and awesome blue lighting and it was amazing.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
I've ridden:
Batman (SFMM)
Great Bear
Afterburn
Alpengeist
Silver Bullet

Batman is just simply one of the best examples that a short, small, clone can be amazing. I swear the layout is perfectly balanced between high force and fast rotation. The intensity is sustained through the course and it is a highly underrated ride.

Great Bear was really enjoyable if not overly intense. The pre-drop helix is fun and the first drop gives some nice floater air in the back row. The zero-g is amazing and the other inversions fun but it just meanders a bit too much.

Afterburn was basically the pinnacle of both intensity and what I look for in an invert. The batwing was just bliss in every row, the zero-g was great, the loop and immelman were both full of force and floater. It ended with the camelback into the best corkscrew I've ever ridden (amazing snap) and a nice forceful helix.

Alpengeist had a fair rattle when I rode a few weeks ago but really lacked intensity. I rode it 11 times over the course of the day in every row and never really found a sweet spot. The cobra roll was amazing as was the first drop but the loop just strange and the immelman forceless. The ending had potential that it used but it could have just used something else.

Silver Bullet was a great ride that actually had some intensity but not a huge amount. I love the overbank into the cobra roll and the final helix is just great. Overall just a really solid ride, nothing earth shattering but still very good and reridable.

My ranking would have to be:

Afterburn by a large margin
Batman just edging out SB
Silver Bullet
Alpengeist a ways behind
Great Bear the worst but not far behind Alpengeist

Whoops, I forgot about Raptor. :oops:

Raptor was pretty good but I found it a little rough through the second half but really enjoyed the first drop, overall I'd say it's just about even with Silver Bullet.

BBH

Giga Poster
B:TR is amazingly intense, it feels so prolonged, which I love.

Unfortunately there are no B&M inverts at SFNE, which is the only other major park I've been to. But as far as Inverts in total go, Goliath is great since I never got to ride Deja Vu @ SFGAm.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Copy, paste and slightly modify from an older topic:

1. Pyrennees - Fantastic coaster It has the height, speed, length and "old school" B&M feel to it.

2. Afterburn - Where did it comes from? Never heard of it before, but it was amazing. Could have benefitted from some actual mist in the tunnel though, instead of that pathetic sprinkle that was there.

3. Nemesis - Maybe it's loyalty/nostalgia, but there really is nothing else like it.

4. Katun - Best first drop of any invert I've ridden, and stupidly forceful to the point of feeling quite ill after a few rerides.

5. Talon - Forceful layout with no "dead" spots at all. An excellent coaster.

6. Great Bear - Huge surprise! I've heard so many mediocre reports on it, but I thought it was excellent. The whole "dying at the end" argument left me expecting a really crappy second half, but it's literally RIGHT at the end. There's not much track left after the corkscrew anyway.

7. Alpengeist - Loved the first half. The second half was ****, especially the zero g that actually does NOTHING. End of discussion.

8. Phaethon - One of the best zero g rolls I've ridden, but the rest of the coaster is a bit bland. It's tall, long and has a nice layout, but it's just too smooth and lacks force. It's easily, along with Patriot, the most reridable of the bunch though, and one of the most enjoyable.

9. Patriot - Reminded me a lot of Phaethon, in that it's really smooth and reridable, though not particularly forceful. The zero-g ties with Phaethon's for my favourite zero g of any coaster.

10. Batman The Ride (St. Louis) - Seemed much more forceful than the other BMTR I've tried. However, I wasn't in the best condition to judge on the day I rode it. A big apple would have felt too forceful to be honest.

11. Batman The Ride (Great Adventure) - Maybe I was expecting too much, but it did nothing for me.

12. Nemesis Inferno - I just don't "get" this coaster.

13. Raptor - I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but yeah, it was pretty shocking how bad it was.

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
I've only been on Raptor, and I loved it. You can tolerate roughness when your favorite ride was an SLC up until 2008.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I don't think it's a bad coaster at all really. Put it in a bunch of other parks and it would easily be the best ride there. For me, it's only "crap" when comparing it to other B&M inverts.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

^ Nope, since it's all comparative to other B&M inverts.

If it was a list of "worst coasters" it wouldn't feature. Worst B&M inverts? Yeah, it would.