What's new

What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

What is your favourite B&M Inverted Coaster?

• Batman Clones

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Raptor/Monster

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Montu

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Alpengeist

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Afterburn

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Flight Deck

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Talon

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Great Bear

• Silver Bullet

• DC Chinese Fireball

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • DC Hungarian Horntail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Patriot

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pyrenees

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • OzIris

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

• Banshee

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
I love all of the ones I've been on <3 Talon was great (airtime on an invert?), Black Mamba was a different kind of invert for me, I love the part towards the end where it snakes in and out of the landscape, it's fab. Nemesis is just, Nemesis, although Phil is right about the evening rides in October on it, reminds me why I became an enthusiast ;] Great Bear was just fantastic, such a weird layout! I'd like to reride Katun, I think the ERT killed it a bit for me. Alpengeist is just so BIG <3 Montu is lovely and glidy with just the right amount of intensity. Duelling Dragons was always one of my favourites until I started riding a bit more although I'd like to see what it's like now that it's not duelling anymore.

That said, I really **** HATE the Batman clones. They're SO intense and vile, so much pressure on my head and completely unrelenting. I know that's what some people look for in a coaster, but for me it's just too much.

^ I think my opinion is the same as far as Katun goes. I have a hard time remembering the coaster for what it is, because instead I remember just feeling completely ill from riding it however many times in a row. I think my opinion about it would be a bit more positive if I had only ridden it once or twice.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah, back to personal preference and how our bodies are.
I LOVE the intensity. Even after all these years, the Batman clones still kick my ass. I keep thinking "ah well it's a fun lil ride" then am reminded how forceful it is.

YES! Some love for Great Bear! It is too short, but a fun ride. I also like the unique layout.

Jake

Strata Poster
Just realised that I completely forgot about Dueling Dragons (or whatever it's called now) when I posted.

That says it all.

Most. Over. Rated. Park. Ever.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Unfortunately at the moment I have only ridden, Nemesis and Inferno. To be honest, I am not a fan of Inferno at all, I find it just dull and fairly forceless, sure the loop and the zero G are fun, but I just can't seem to enjoy it that much, and I was worried I just didn't like B&M inverted's because of this. Thankfully Nemesis proved that wrong, I found that whilst it lacks the large drop Inferno has, its got a good pace and keeps up a constant sense of speed. And whilst I never seem to fell positive G's Nemesis was packed full of them, and that helix <3 and that loop <3 add on top of that some kick ass theming and some foot choppers and you get a pretty unbeatable B&M.

Will

Strata Poster
...I can't help thinking at least 3 people misread the question, interpreting it as 'Which is the only B&M inverted coaster you have been on...'

I'm pleased to say I've done at least 6 of those. And there's a very clear winner.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah 6 myself, 7 if you count both sides of Dueling Dragons and I rescind my vote of the Batman clones.

Thinking it over, I say Raptor. It was a nice blend of Batman forcefulness and Alpengeist size (which was a brilliant ride but almost too drawn out for me).

peep

CF Legend
I think I've ridden about 11 inverts, all good. I wasn't really a fan of the Batman clone I rode, probably my least fav invert. Fav is Katun and for me it's quite closely followed by Oz Iris. I know it doesn't really have its fans but I really enjoyed it, it felt really different to all the others.

steel

Mega Poster
In this order:

Nemesis - Beautiful ride. Wouldn't change a thing about it. The pacing, the theming, the speed, the intensity. It's all perfect.
Patriot - Comes close to perfect for me. Like Nemesis, it's perfectly paced and nice and fast. Also has the advantage of a big first drop and omg that zero-g roll.
Afterburn - Quite similar to Patriot, but emphasizes positive rather than negative gs.
Alpengeist - Didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I loved the cobra roll and the first drop, but overall it seems a bit overlarge, like inverts maybe weren't meant to be that big.
Raptor - If I'm being honest, Raptor should probably be beneath the Batmen, but I just love the placement on the midway, and I think it's a really enjoyable ride with some great moments.
Batman SFSL - Somehow this one is more intense and better paced than the other two I've ridden.
Batman SFMM/SFGAm - Classic B&M, force meets speed.
Nemesis Inferno - I looooooove the pacing here, but I wish it were a little faster and maybe a bit more intense.
Great Bear - It's a decent ride, but it doesn't do enough, I think/
Talon - 90% sure I got this on an off day. It was extremely rough and a more forceful than is ever comfortable (i.e. lots of greyout reports in my party throughout the day). Or maybe that's actually what the ride is like and it's just that stark a contrast with Patriot.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Only been on Great Bear and the DC Chinese Fireball. I love inverted coasters and I love the two B&M ones i've been on. I've also been on Mind Eraser at SFNE which is a vekoma invert and I really liked that one as well.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
steel said:
In this order:

Nemesis - Beautiful ride. Wouldn't change a thing about it. The pacing, the theming, the speed, the intensity. It's all perfect.
Patriot - Comes close to perfect for me. Like Nemesis, it's perfectly paced and nice and fast. Also has the advantage of a big first drop and omg that zero-g roll.
Afterburn - Quite similar to Patriot, but emphasizes positive rather than negative gs.
Alpengeist - Didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I loved the cobra roll and the first drop, but overall it seems a bit overlarge, like inverts maybe weren't meant to be that big.
Raptor - If I'm being honest, Raptor should probably be beneath the Batmen, but I just love the placement on the midway, and I think it's a really enjoyable ride with some great moments.
Batman SFSL - Somehow this one is more intense and better paced than the other two I've ridden.
Batman SFMM/SFGAm - Classic B&M, force meets speed.
Nemesis Inferno - I looooooove the pacing here, but I wish it were a little faster and maybe a bit more intense.
Great Bear - It's a decent ride, but it doesn't do enough, I think/
Talon - 90% sure I got this on an off day. It was extremely rough and a more forceful than is ever comfortable (i.e. lots of greyout reports in my party throughout the day). Or maybe that's actually what the ride is like and it's just that stark a contrast with Patriot.

Well deff I'd say you did with Talon. All the times I've been on it, glass smooth as usual.
It is a forceful ride but as I've found out from these forums...apparently I have a good tolerance.
I actually forgot about Talon...its up there on my invert list. Forceful and actually has some layout to it!

Agreed on Alpengeist. Great ride but didnt meet my hype either.
It's absolutely too big.

steel

Mega Poster
JJLehto said:
Well deff I'd say you did with Talon. All the times I've been on it, glass smooth as usual.
It is a forceful ride but as I've found out from these forums...apparently I have a good tolerance.
I actually forgot about Talon...its up there on my invert list. Forceful and actually has some layout to it!
That's what I'm hoping. It's a shame because it's such a beautiful ride - the pacing, the color, the placement, the layout, all of it. But when I rode it, it was rough and clunky and gave me a headache and sore legs for the rest of the day. It's interesting that Patriot has such a similar layout, but is about as different as it could be. I'd say Talon is more like BTR or Afterburn and Patriot is more like Alpengeist or Nemesis than the two are like each other.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Oh wow! I can't even imagine that much roughness from a B&M!
It's been a few years, I sure hope that's not just how it is now :( Would be a huge shame.

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster
My list should be something like:

1. Pyrenees
=. Katun
2. Nemesis
3. Monster/Orochi
4. Diavlo
5. Black Mamba
6. Phaethon
7. Nemesis Inferno