What's new

What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

What is your favourite B&M Inverted Coaster?

• Batman Clones

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Raptor/Monster

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Montu

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Alpengeist

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Afterburn

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Flight Deck

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Talon

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Great Bear

• Silver Bullet

• DC Chinese Fireball

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • DC Hungarian Horntail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Patriot

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pyrenees

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • OzIris

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

• Banshee

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Always nice when this topic (probably one of my first on here) gets bumped.

I am interested to hear other peoples opinions about what is the best B&M Invert. My current favourites are Montu and Nemesis but i would like to know what yours is and why it is. Anyone who has been on Oziris or Katun i would especially like to know what you think of them as i am riding them this summer.

Things are a little different now: my favourites are Black Mamba, Katun & Monster. Nemesis and Montu would still place highly (4 and 6 I think, respectively).

Nemesis is that overrated IMO I actually sometimes want it to close.

That’s VERY sad. I hope you’ll feel better soon.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Sorry to double-post, but I’ve noticed that when attempting to change my poll votes the first time it seems I have (rather stupidly) added Black Mamba, Katun and Monster to the poll again. I can’t figure out how to rectify this issue so if a mod could be of service? Thanks.

Of the ones I’ve ridden:

1. Nemesis (Still absolutely hauls and the drop into the loop is probably my favourite on any coaster)
2. Black Mamba (went up significantly after my last trip to Phantasialand. Somehow felt way way faster. Back row ride was something truly special)
3. Montu
4. Batman clone (SFMM)
5. Chinese Fireball
6. Hungarian Horntail
7. Nemesis Inferno

Lucky enough to have a trip to Mirabilandia booked in next year so cannot wait for Katun!

The dream invert is Alpengiest though. In my young teenage years B&M inverts were my favourite coaster model and I just used to spend hours drooling over it on RCDB... one day!

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry to double-post, but I’ve noticed that when attempting to change my poll votes the first time it seems I have (rather stupidly) added Black Mamba, Katun and Monster to the poll again. I can’t figure out how to rectify this issue so if a mod could be of service? Thanks.
Should be fixed now.

Also, not sure why you added an "other" category, given that the only custom layout not listed here is Phaethon at Gyeongju World, as far as I can tell. Then again, good future-proofing in case somebody bumps the thread again in 2021.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Should be fixed now.

Also, not sure why you added an "other" category, given that the only custom layout not listed here is Phaethon at Gyeongju World, as far as I can tell. Then again, good future-proofing in case somebody bumps the thread again in 2021.

I must’ve added that back when I made the topic 6 years ago. I was probably concerned that I had missed out some inverts since I probably wasn’t using rcdb to verify. I guess Phaethon is the one I missed out.

mouse

Giga Poster
I'm stuck between Black Mamba and Nemesis. Inverts generally are great, but the closeness to the terrain is what makes these two extra special. Zooming past close terrain with your feet dangling out is exhilarating, and Nemesis and Mamba really make the most of this.
I'm going for Nemesis. It's a unique ride that acts as a showcase of B&Ms versatility and originality - it's quite possible that Mamba wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Nemesis.
I wouldn't say it's overrated. Its over 20 years old and still holds its own against the new rides and technologies of today.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I'm stuck between Black Mamba and Nemesis. Inverts generally are great, but the closeness to the terrain is what makes these two extra special. Zooming past close terrain with your feet dangling out is exhilarating, and Nemesis and Mamba really make the most of this.
I'm going for Nemesis. It's a unique ride that acts as a showcase of B&Ms versatility and originality - it's quite possible that Mamba wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Nemesis.
I wouldn't say it's overrated. Its over 20 years old and still holds its own against the new rides and technologies of today.

Yeah I'm glad you consider Black Mamba on the same sort of level as Nemesis.
Personally, I think it's a more polished version - after all Nemesis was essentially a prototype for the market to see and be wowed by.
Nemesis interacted with terrain in a way that no previous coaster had done before, but I think Black Mamba takes the concept a step further by developing the surrounding terrain into a landscape fit for a theme park. Obviously Nemesis is iconic and pioneering, yet for me Black Mamba is more of an experience.

100% agree. The terrain work is exactly what makes both these coasters so special. I also love how the terrain forces lots of tight turns to work with the compact space, making it way more intense. That’s also the main reason I rate those coasters above Montu. Even though Montu does use the terrain well, because it’s a taller/longer ride that uses a lot more space you don’t get the same intensity as you do on Mamba and Nemesis. Truly blessed to have these two inverts in Europe.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Nemesis is definitely the best of the bunch.

Black Mamba looks like it could be up there as well. It's been high on my bucket list for a few years now, mainly due to the comparisons to Nemesis. I don't think it would be in the same league as Nemmy but the theming, interactions, and layout all look very strong.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I remember the construction photos of Black Mamba and thinking it will beat Nemesis. Having ridden it I found it quite disappointing in terms of the actual coaster, but it's in a league of its own for use of terrain and theming.

It's also absolutely mental that Phantasialand seem to only employ African people in that area of the park... talk about dedication to the theming.

Matt N

CF Legend
Nemesis is that overrated IMO I actually sometimes want it to close.
What do you not like about Nemesis, out of interest? While I can definitely see why someone wouldn't like Nemesis, and I do also think that some ever so slightly overrate it, that level of hate for Nemesis is quite uncommon in the enthusiast community!

Not criticising your opinion at all, I was just wondering!