What's new

What are you reading?

A

Anonymous

Ecstacy By Irvine Welsh

Love this blokes stuff,very gritty and real :)

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Patrick said:
I've finished Night Rise and I'm on to Robert Muchamore's 'The Recruit'. It's good so far, I like!
The CHERUB series is really good.

I have just finished reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer for the second time.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just finishing off "The Secret of Anatomy" by Mark Morris. I doubt anyone has heard of him, or read any of his books (Toady, Stitch, The Immaculate or Longbarrow are the others of his I've read).

He's a cross between Clive Barker and James Herbert (he desperately wants to be Clive Barker, but ends up being too British like James Herbert :lol: ).

His stuff is very readable, but it's always just a little bit disappointing and not as good as it could be...

kir

Hyper Poster
I've started reading The Da Vinci Code again. As much as people say it's flawed, I LOVE it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kir said:
I've started reading The Da Vinci Code again. As much as people say it's flawed, I LOVE it.

It is, but so are lots of things which are massively entertaining. I've read both TDC and Angels and Demons, and while I thought they were rubbish, they were exceptionally entertaining for a few hours.

Harry Potter is on the same level. It's not actually really all that good, but it's so easy to read, and is somehow just "engaging" that it works.

A

Anonymous

Im not actully reading at the moment, because i find it hard to choose what to read so im thinking.

c&r

Mega Poster
me said:
I'm reading Road to Wigan Pier. I'm that hard.

I finally finished it! Hahaha.

It was alright. Was better than doing absolutely nothing. I am hoping I will get back into reading soon, I quite miss it really - well, I obviously don't, or I would have got back into it already, but shh.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've just finished Learning to Fly, Victoria Beckham's autobiography. In my defence, I didn't buy it, I found it on the subway platform.

It was quite entertaining though, especially all the digs at Geri Halliwell.

I've just started A Case of Need, one of Michael Crichton's earlier books. Hopefully it should be pretty good. Most of his newer stuff is cack.

Jer

Strata Poster
I jsut started A clockwork Orange It's quite good so far, and I actually udnerstand the language.

After that i'm either going to read ABC Murders (for school) or 1408 by Stephen King.

c&r

Mega Poster
ACO is absolutely brilliant. One of the best books I've read I think; I picked it up, thinking "oh I'll just read a few pages" and ended up finishing it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

kir

Hyper Poster
^ I found it hard to get into, but a great book. And I found myself speaking Nadsat for a few days after I finished! :lol:

I just finished reading Brokeback Mountain for the second time (takes about 30 mins to read!). Yes, it's a brilliant novella, but it didn't make me cry the second time. The first time I wept like a baby!

A

Anonymous

I've just started a Warhammer 40K Horus Heresy novel called "Galaxy in Flames." It's a very good read.

FuzzyBerk :geek:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I read "Brother Odd" by Dean Koontz last night. Typical insipid pseudo science fodder by Mr Koontz, I do love the trash though :)

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just finished "Kill Me" by Stephen White. I guess it's a psychological thriller, which I usually like for the pure entertainment value, but I thought it tried to hard to be "thought-provoking". All life and death issues blah blah blah.... Would you rather die or be a vegetable? Entertaining enough, but nothing new really.

Just started "Monstrous Regiment" by Terry Pratchett. I read a couple of his books years ago, really liked them, but never got round to trying any more. This one seems pretty good so far...

Richie

Hyper Poster
I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince in time for Harry Potter 7
49_49.gif

Well... listening to the audio book :p