What's new

What are you reading?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
LFTL said:
Actually, the Great Pyramids of Egypt are also just as fascinating as Stonehenge. Actually, I'm more interested in the pyramids, because it's amazing how they moved the rocks and everything.

It's the Aliens I tell you!
It's them! :lol:

Yeah, Stonehenge is about an hour away from here, and I drive past it on my way up to Coventry, well I don't drive, my parents do, but you know what I mean!

It's really eerie when you see it at night, it just looks so impressive.

It's the Aliens I tell you!
It's them!

It probably is them :p .

I'm a full believer in aliens, but in the case of the Great Pyramids, there have been other theories as to how they went about building them, which I'm more inclined to believe rather than aliens, lol. It's amazing though, how they built all the passageways, and then left a hole in the side of the pyramid so the sun would go through it and hit the sarcophagi directly. It's amazing, and it's an amazing period in history.

I always thought Stonehenge was in the middle of nowhere though. Shows how much I know!

^ Stone henge or the fact that she knows so little?

I could make a rude comment back, but I can't, because you're being babied and if anyone says something they get banned :lol: .

I don't know little about Stonehenge, but I don't know a huge amount either. Also just because I didn't know it was near a highway doesn't mean I don't know about it. I don't even live in the area, or anywhere near it.

^lol, don't be so mean!

Thanks dearie :D

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^That's ok! :--D

Well i've been reading these three lost books.

Endangered Species
Signs of life
and
Secret identity

Tbh they are not that great. Firstly the blurb, on two of the books, gets the characters names wrong, (either first or surname) secondly, they have no real ending, or closure, they tell the story, then say, "but what does the island have in store", blah blah blah.

So yeah, the plots are ok, it's just no real ending to the story. [/review]

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Stone henge or the fact that she knows so little?

I could make a rude comment back, but I can't, because you're being babied and if anyone says something they get banned :lol: .

I don't know little about Stonehenge, but I don't know a huge amount either. Also just because I didn't know it was near a highway doesn't mean I don't know about it. I don't even live in the area, or anywhere near it.

^lol, don't be so mean!

Thanks dearie :D

I was only joking around, don't take any offense. To be honest you probably know more about it than me. All I know is it's a bunch of rocks up north somewhere.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
danielfitzgerald99 said:
I was only joking around, don't take any offense. To be honest you probably know more about it than me. All I know is it's a bunch of rocks up north somewhere.

PMSL! Quick, hammer him into the ground Tay!

Up North???? Since when has Salisbury Plain been up North??? It's in the South of England, so Taylor clearly knows much more :D

Up North???? Since when has Salisbury Plain been up North??? It's in the South of England, so Taylor clearly knows much more

Actually, I won't lie, I didn't even know it was in England. The location is never something I've heard much about, but I know some things about it. Maybe not as much as I thought prior to reading this topic.

We have like, two weeks not even of the semester left and our damn English teacher is assigning a new project and novel to read, which is To Kill a Mockingbird, which is fine and all, but even if it's an amazing book, any book is killed when she reads it. She's nice and all, but she pauses every sentence to explain it to us like we're idiots. So basically we got through ten pages, not even, in half an hour.

I read ahead though so I don't have to listen to her crap, and right now I'm on page thirty. Too early to judge yet though.

John91

Mega Poster
Just finished the World According to Clarkson. My god i have never laughed so much reading anything, not even some of the mad posts on here. The fact that he is so politically incorrect is fantastic, and he is able to speak his mind so much easier than anybody else in British showbiz. Jezza really needs to rack up those columns so he can publish a third book.

On an unhappier note, tomorrow I return to the depressing literature of Shakespeare and Steinbeck. Why is the English education system making us read this crap?!?!?!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
danielfitzgerald99 said:
But Furie, you forget that to me everywhere on in England is up north because I love smack bang on the south coast.

No wonder you're not doing well on the CF quiz - Lots of England is South of you - I'd like to see you go face to face with Sam and tell him he's a dirty Northerner :p

The book is still quite compelling, but I'm moving onto speed reading The Dark Tower Volume 2 tonight in readiness for tomorrow's quiz! :p :lol:

Tay, I used to hate reading in class. I used to ignore the teacher and just read on at my own speed. Then when we homework to "read until the end of the chapter" - I was already there and beyond :)

Tay, I used to hate reading in class. I used to ignore the teacher and just read on at my own speed. Then when we homework to "read until the end of the chapter" - I was already there and beyond

Yeah that's what I've done all year. Julius Caesar? Took us like three weeks to read and answer all the questions. Took me like, three days, because there's a handy little site that translates all of the Shakespearean stuff to everyday English.

Our teacher is just like, ninety, and kind of needs to retire.

John91

Mega Poster
Ah speed reading in class. How I miss it. My teacher keeps on getting me to to read parts aloud because I am supposedly quite good at it. Bloody half decent american accent (fake of course).

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
DanFitz99 said:
Oh yeah I remember that. The teachers always pick the thickest chav's who read monosylabicaly taking an hour to get a sentance out. I just read ahead.

How I hated that!

So annoying!

Well, we read for an hour and fifteen minutes today which got boring after about, ten minutes. To Kill a Mockingbird is decent so far now that I'm a bit over one hundred pages in, but I fail to see all of the hype. It's good, but nothing that's over the top excellent so far!

8/10

Bought Shopaholic Ties the Knot today, gonna start reading it tomorrow!