What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Something a bit different that isnt about a weird coaster but more a weird Ferris Wheel. This is Xingang International City Playground now open in Xuancheng, China. The park does includes a small Jungle Mouse to keep us coaster enthusasts vaguely interested.

Weird Ferris China.jpg Weird Ferris China.3jpg.jpg Weird Ferris China.4jpg.jpg Weird Ferris China.2jpg.jpg

vaugc002

Mega Poster
What an amazing design for an observation wheel tho! Damn.
I could see them doing this at the Grand Canyon and charging people £50 for a go and not allowing them to take photos :emoji_grin:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It could have looked so majestic in white, or in Silver or even black, but nooo. They made it blue and yellow and red and now it looks like an ugly toy.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This is a really interesting design from Golden Horse.
A shared lift hill Sitdown vs Inverted dueling coaster. I have my suspisions this ride may pop up sooner rather than later at Oriental Neverland in Shaoxing but we shall see.
The ride has been shown on video screens at some Asian Expos which is where the 2nd image comes from.

54398054_580817209062552_6688381797866143744_n.jpg 54516688_248143172805828_6767878442764468224_n.jpg
http://www.guoshanchemi.club/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=973&extra=page=1

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd love to know how they think they'll get one of those huge B&M hyper trains through some of those elements!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Not sure where to put this so this will do

An interesting Japanese tidbit I had no idea about. As the first two pictures here shows the well known Gao Jet Coaster at Mitsui Greenland opened with a radically different layout including a loop.

Unsure when the layout changed but the 2007 date in the images is a red herring. At some point the loop was removed and a much longer layout was added including the now iconic giant dinosaur hill seen here.

260278_10150232684153566_194340658565_7332744_2466284_n.jpg

It seems all that was left of the original ride is the lift and first drop, possibly part of the high helix which now the ride uses in the opposite direction and the very final brakes, turn, station

cookie

Giga Poster
Speaking of Gao, on RCDB there are photos of the coaster with sections missing dated around early 2015, with no context given.

Anyone here knows the story behind that?

Last edited:

Coastard69

Roller Poster
Reading through this topic I immediately thought of basically the entire ride through of Storm Runner and (the late) Volcano the Blast Coaster. Very strange elements but good rides