What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Re: Walibi Holland | Unknown | Mack (unknown)

People say that Cobra's Curse is going to be the best spinner ever. Theming-wise, yeah, but this(if it is a spinner) is miles better than CC in terms of layout.

I have a feeling this will be VERY similar, in terms of forward facing cars that are unlocked at a given point.

I know this isn't brand new, but that looks like a tight transition:

5SNOtKq.jpg

Also, not so sure just how accurate the latest video from Tobi is, but he show some form of overbank/dive loop coming from the 'Dive Drop' as Walibi have called it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/RGGTGp6698E[/youtube]

Aerial photo update I saw on Reddit:

H14IIy7.jpg

My brain took about a minute to work out what was going on on the part after the brake run on the left, then realised it's a dive loop/turn/whatever. The mid-course airtime hill is rather steep and small, should give a pop of airtime there!

I don't get why they've outwardly banked that turn so slightly? I understand it may be something to do with the engineering and safety side of stuff, but, Cobra's Curse banks much more than that?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Apparently, the two Supports on the left are for a zero-g roll!

On a spinner?! I dunno.....

Can someone point out the block brakes on this spinner for me please?
I'm struggling to locate any.

Oh yeah, this can only run 3 trains at once, as there are 4(?) blocks. Unless if this will have major stacking or multi car trains, this might not be a spinner...

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

^I believe it will have 2 cars of 4 riders per car, for 8 riders per train. By the look of it, it seems it could run with 3 trains.
EDIT: Never mind. Just saw a wide angle pic of the ride, and the transfer track is far too small for a 2-car train. Single car it is.

Martyn B said:
Apparently, the two Supports on the left are for a zero-g roll!

On a spinner?! I dunno.....
Why not? They tested the spinning car on Blue Fire and that seemed ok?

Btw - I'm definitely NOT saying this is the car, or train, but does anyone know where it came from? It's excessively detailed to be a 'fan made' model in my opinion.

15072805374020119913475455.png

The maintenance shed and MCBR just look too small for a train large.

Edit: I guess the maintenance shed could fit one of them in, but that still leaves a very small MCBR and the tight transitions.

I just think this is looking a bit too extreme for a spinner. So many small/tight transitions.

It'll be a spinner. I think the coincidence of Mack testing that spinning car on Blue Fire and some of the elements on this (outward banked turn - Hello Cobra's Curse) are too close for it to be anything else.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Martyn B said:
^ I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not....
Kind of.
I'm assuming the trains will be small because of the station size. So if they are just 4 per car then there will need to be blocks, and I honestly can't see any.

If the trains are longer like the pic Lofty posted then obviously no blocks will be needed but the station and drop don't point towards a long train.

There's a block just before that dive loop, after the unbanked turn. Though upon closer inspection, it could be quite long.

Where's this outward banked turn?

There's straight track, but there's not actually any brakes on it, which is weird, no?