What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Re: Walibi Holland | Unknown | Mack (unknown)

This is what happens when a MACK office Christmas party gets out of hand when somebody busts out the beer and some engineer comes in hungover as **** the next day and finds something open on their CAD program.

Maybe they designed it using the spare parts from Knex models.

Looks like a wild mouse style turn to me, I think it might be time to fully accept that it will be a spinner.

Could just be a normal non - spinning Wild Mouse? Like Mack's version of the Gerst Bobsleigh?

JoshC. said:
elephant58 said:
I don't get what's so wtf about that, it's just a brake run?

The fact that the turn doesn't have any banking seems rather wtf to me, especially since this isn't at the beginning / end of the layout.
This, sadly, makes me think it is indeed a spinner.

Either way, it's certainly an interesting spinner if it is one, so, there's that?

Who am I kidding...

Yeah after seeing that turn it almost confirms this will be a spinner and very strange and wacky one that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I want some of whatever they're smoking.

I'm thinking spinner but with the spinning only unlocking after the first little bit. But they did stick a spinning car on Blue Fire so who the **** can tell with Mack.

Here is another update from Tobi from Coasterfriends with a more updated look and it definitely looks more and more like a spinner to me. Certainly looks interesting though :D

398987d1450523440-2016-neuheit-lost-gravity-mack-rides-walibi-holland-niederlande-screenshot-2015-12-19-12-07-29.jpg

398986d1450523437-2016-neuheit-lost-gravity-mack-rides-walibi-holland-niederlande-screenshot-2015-12-19-12-06-44.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh_LsrIoJlQ[/youtube]

Them images are actually wrong, there isn't a brake run before that unbanked turn.

I really can't see an inversion like that being on a spinner.... A loop or in line twist yeah, but that inversion has normal/winged trains written all over it.

Using my very limited knowledge I'd hazard a guess at it being a spinner, surely that's why it has the reinforced spine?

Spinner. Spinner. Spinner.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Spinning hyper train like they tested on blue fire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I know that Mack had been planning to put inversions on their spinners for a few years now. They had proposed a prototype design for Hersheypark for their new ride of 2012, but they opted for Skyrush instead. It was to be a new type of spinner with inversions added to it.

Could this potentially be the same type of ride that Hershey could have potentially recieved instead of Skyrush?

As for my guess, I would stake it a spinner before anything else mainly because of that top hat-ish like element. Plus, if the cars are unlocked before they are released into the drop (which it looks like they are id that straight-way at the top of the lift is of any indication), the non-banked turn would make far more sense.

What better way to make your entire body questiom which way is right-sidr up? Make you spin a lot before tossing you into a slowly taken inversion.

I think a spinner is soooo likely, Mack love to be experimental and **** plus the twist on the first drop is so tight! I think deep down the main reason people like Martyn keep saying it won't be a spinner over and over is because the desperately don't want it to be. And that's ok, I can see why people think that because they aren't the best coaster type in the world but I would trust Mack to make it a good one.

If it is indeed a spinner, I'm glad it's something new and seemingly very intense.

People are saying it can't be a spinner because inversions on a spinner seem ludicrous, but to me, an unbanned turn can only mean one thing.

Given the history provided with Mack and experimental spinners, yeah, that only confirms it really.

I'll stay open minded for this - at least its different. I'm reserving criticism until I see the trains, then I'll resume standard Joey practise of hating everything.

Joey said:
People are saying it can't be a spinner because inversions on a spinner seem ludicrous, but to me, an unbanned turn can only mean one thing.
I'm going to do something really strange here, but, I agree with you. I don't understand this mentality of 'that can't be a spinner because...', times change and technology changes, we can't base every single thing that happens in our future on what couldn't have happened in the past. It makes no sense.

There's a big difference between saying "it can't/won't be a spinner" and "I can't see it being a spinner".

Yes it's looking likely, but that inversion just looks too.....awkward for a spinner, plus the double catwalk, and RCDB still listing this as a Mack Mega coaster. Yes I know that isn't concrete evidence, but RCDB isn't run on rumours/speculation.

If people are saying this can't be a Spinner because it inverts they seem to be forgetting that has actually already been done, so isn't anything new.

It wouldn't even be new or experimental - it has been done.

So er, Ben... you, erm, gonna share with us which mystery credit does that?

And Martyn, was actually defending you, I can see why you're not convinced, your logic is sound. I just think the turn overrides that! :)

^I pointed this out on a page ages ago. It's the launched shooty spinner cred at Joypolis in Tokyo. It has an in line twist and is amazing.

So yeah, inversion on a spinner is nothing new. Just interesting to see it used on a bigger scale, if that is the case.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk