What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Re: Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack (unknown)

Edit:

Apparently, the track work is complete (according to their Snapchat).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

A couple of pictures from Walibi Holland:
czkqdbtwcaavdx3.jpg

I never pictured the track being that bulky, I always thought it was a fair bit smaller than it is!

thumb_czk_yz_weaa334l.jpg

The finished article! That zero-g looks like it has a nifty exit to it too!

Comparing the size of track to people, I definitely think that the transfer track can fit a two car train.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Yeah that is huge. I'm seeing this more as Mack's version of a EuroFighter/Infinity.

Tobi has now got a full No Limits recreation made...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7tJbGbV3Oc[/youtube]

If this ends up not being a spinner in any way, it looks like a fun ride. And if it does, then...wow!

/\ you need to remove the S from the Https for that to work :)

The odd yellow supports are very strange. Remind me of the yellow ones on Diamond Back.

I'm not a huge fan of spinners, so on that basis, I'm still hoping it's not a spinner.

But it probably will be, and it'll probably be one of the worlds best.

I don't think it will be a spinner. Aside from that one turn, there aren't any elements that would make the coaster benefit from spinning. What is the point of spinning airtime hills? Nah, I'm not 100% sure if this will be a mega coaster, but I'm not believing the spinning rumours.

the super wide evac stairs suggest its something a bit different so either wide trains or a spinner. But we are all just guessing here :)

Today was the big unveiling that took everyone by surprise, at least it appeared that way and I certainly didn't see this one coming.
It started with some blurred images on Walibi's Snapchat, followed by a rendering and then some actual photos of...
the new Mack Rides BigDipper cars!

lost_gravity_cars_wagen_trein_2016-2.jpg

Source

10246785_1105443719490020_1895245310459021099_n.png

From the themepark.nl's Facebook page

Here's some more photos of them being installed on the track from themepark.nl and Loopings.nl:

trein3.jpg

trein1.png

190216lost5.jpg

190216lost3.jpg

190216lost4.jpg

190216lost2.jpg

I love the trains! This will probably feel awesome on the outside seats. I just hope the capacity won't be an issue with such short trains.

Wow wow wow.

I had been expecting a spinner, and a small part of me wanted out to be a spinner too I guess. However, I'm more than happy with this and really looking forward to trying it out! :D

"It will be a spinner, those who think otherwise are in denial, wishful thinking, don't know what they're on about, bla bla" said most people in here, aimed at me and Lofty. ;)

Pretty certain I even called "Mack's go at a EuroFighter" a while back.

Anyway, this is going to be immense. That first drop with them trains, WOW!

This ride is going to be nuts.

So excited. :p

DelPiero said:
Mack's take on the Wing Coaster, no other explanation for the double catwalks.
I'm thinking the drop is more of an EGF style but comes back on itself rather than a 90 degree turn. I don't think it will be the same as the B&M Wingover drops, you can see the banking at the top of the final pic, the B&Ms are already in inverted position before the drop so the drop itself has no banking.
I'm counting this as a win :)

Capacity will be an issue, but who cares, this will ride brilliantly I'm sure!