What's new

Vekoma New-Gen Coasters Discussion Thread

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Isn't there already a thread for this stuff? Can someone dig it out so I can merge it? :p
There's a few dotted about here and there but this is the main one:-

Ries

Mega Poster
The vekoma Top gun at Fantawild Ganzhuo China is testing.

I love how they have both trains on the track at once and it looks pretty whippy to, shame about the dodgy music over the video 😅.

Some pictures to.

Looks cool.
My home park is teasing with rumours for a new Intamin. But seeing these Vekoma's and being a big fan, I would love to see they will switch.

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Vekoma announced a new model in the last EAP Magazin, the Super Boomerang. The train will be launched by a multi-pass-launch on two spikes that will finish on a same "tower". The first coaster of this model will open in a Fantawild park.

index.php

via

Rupert

Mega Poster
It’s like New Vekoma are redeeming themselves for everything Old Vekoma built.

• Old sit-down design rubbish, check out Lech Coaster!
  • Old SLC design rubbish, check out Hals-über-Kopf!
  • Old Flying Dutchman design rubbish, check out F.L.Y.!
  • Old boomerang design rubbish, check out this outrageous new design that looks like a genuinely good layout!

Long may it continue!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Any guesses as to whether this is just generic proof-of-concept artwork or did a client actually already buy this and have this as their concept artwork? The article also showcases a piece of concept art for a confirmed roller coaster under construction for 2022, the Renegade model at Fantawild Taizhou. If one is for a park, the other could also be for a park.
I didn't read the source contents well enough, first one is going to a Fantawild park and therefore the concept artwork isn't generic.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Based on the concept art, the station seems to be curved. Surely that’s not what they’re going with? It seems outdated, those sorts of stations