What's new

Vekoma New-Gen Coasters Discussion Thread

Not sure if this was posted somewhere else but I stumbled across this footage of one of the Top Gun models testing

Judging by how well it maintains speed around the track, it looks like Vekoma have finally ditched tapered roller bearings in the wheels and gone for good ole ball bearings.

I'm seeing hints of Intamin in that chassis and wheel assembly design and I'm liking it. Now if only I could persuade someone to upgrade to these new trains......

JoshC.

Strata Poster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This really does look awesome.

Really looks like a mix of the Bermuda Blitz and Hyper Space Warp, in terms of layout and scale.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't know the difference between these two things anymore ?

Are we sure it's not a zero-g twisty wisty? Or a step up half flip roll? Why not a Dutch twist?
I miss the days when inversions were all easy to name and recognise; simpler times...
The difference between them is that a zero-g roll does a complete 360 twist by the end, and a stall turns back the same direction, but both generally form the shape of a camelback. Kind of like a linear cutback.

Although there is a large discrepancy as to what constitutes as these elements. Perhaps @Hyde with his table of coaster elements may be able to expand on this.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The difference between them is that a zero-g roll does a complete 360 twist by the end, and a stall turns back the same direction, but both generally form the shape of a camelback. Kind of like a linear cutback.

Although there is a large discrepancy as to what constitutes as these elements. Perhaps @Hyde with his table of coaster elements may be able to expand on this.
This is a good point, but wasn't actually what I meant when I was thinking of the difference.

In my mind, a cutback doesn't pause at the top, whereas a stall does. Goliath, for example, the roll is the same way but it's clearly a 'stall' (Wildfire and Zadra do the same thing):

On the other-hand, Steel Vengeance doesn't pause at the top:

Zero-G Roll: Continuous roll in the same direction
Zero-G Cutback: Continuous roll with a change in direction at the top
Zero-G Stall: A pause in the roll at the top

The biggest thing being that on the first two you always have some rotational force going on. On the stall you get that moment, however brief, of just airtime.

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Fantawild Taihzou's Vekoma Renegade:

renegade.png

renegade-2.png

renegade-3.png

Source

richardcrete

Mega Poster

MemeWorldOfficials

Roller Poster
I hoped that Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster will continue to get cloned with this new generation track of Vekoma for Universal Studios, Six Flags, Herschend Family Entertainment, etc.

Rupert

Mega Poster
...but why not a brand new custom layout for those places? Or at least one of the newer Vekoma off-the-shelf layouts like the Top Gun which look far more interesting than RNR?

What a waste it would be to build a RNR clone, even with the new track design, after everything RMC, Intamin and Vekoma have learnt and pushed on the interesting & surprising modern track profiling that gives a great ride experience.

MemeWorldOfficials

Roller Poster
...but why not a brand new custom layout for those places? Or at least one of the newer Vekoma off-the-shelf layouts like the Top Gun which look far more interesting than RNR?

What a waste it would be to build a RNR clone, even with the new track design, after everything RMC, Intamin and Vekoma have learnt and pushed on the interesting & surprising modern track profiling that gives a great ride experience.
I know. It would be cool to see the RNRC clone with the new track design.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
RCRC has an old and outdated layout that isn't exactly interesting these days... Don't think it would make sense for them to make any new ones given they have their new launch coaster models with much better and unique layouts.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
RCRC being updated to the modern track & trains is kinda similar to GCI for instance building a brand new coaster with the layout of a classic layout like Big Dipper/Grand Nash it docent make sense & doesn't use the full potential of the new layouts, trains & design teams. A bit backwards to say the least, much better could be done with that investment

Skip6788

Roller Poster
Hello All,

I was looking at LinkedIn and found a movie of Vekoma where they show a sales app. But if you look carefully also New layouts that are designed.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mvan...attractions-activity-6835518772816736256-9owx

Look of the renegade afrom one of the fanta wild parksRenegade-1.png
Renegade-2.png

The next one looks to me a STC Boomerang model maybe??
STC Boomerang-1.png

And finally a flying model?
Flying-1.png

What do you think guys?

I think they look Great! I curious if they will be sold....we shall see!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Isn't there already a thread for this stuff? Can someone dig it out so I can merge it? :p