What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Strata Poster
I'm making a TOGO

it's called Freebird and is based off manhatten express. It will have 3 inverisons; a twist and dive, a loop, and a corckscrew.

freebird071111120314002yz0.png

Under engineering rides is fun :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Oh no, another circle builder :|

Anyways, here's a little side project that I'm doing:

centroid1ct3.jpg

CENTROID
A compact fairground ride.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Ahem:
helix1tz2.jpg

That took me like 10 seconds, and it's perfectly circular, complete with proper lead-in and lead-out.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think people should only use tools if it can make the ride more realistic. For example if I was creating a ride like Grand National at BPB then I would NEVER use tools, however if I was making a ride like Maverick I would use tools, it makes the ride more realistic.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Ahem:
helix1tz2.jpg

That took me like 10 seconds, and it's perfectly circular, complete with proper lead-in and lead-out.

Yer, thats because thats one of the prefabs that already come with the elementry. I have the prog too.

Jer

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Ahem:
helix1tz2.jpg

Ahem:

It's a TOGO do some research. Plus thats a tool you should know by now I never use tools.

In other news that layout has changed form that picture and as much as i'd hate to admit it Manhattan Express' drops are well built and shaped.

A

Anonymous

^ I just hopes that you have some "helices of death" on it, because they are awesome.
I actually had an idea of doing a Togo a while back, but it's nice to see one done as well.

And Xpress, using circles kicks ass, it's a lot easier to use them to get a flowing layout between turns with them then using tools.
I also have some Parabolas etc to create perfect airtime hills. The only thing I'm looking for as an aid is a Clothoid to make perfect loops.

Xpress

Strata Poster
S.C., that is an HSAK helix, not one of the prefabs. I can modify that helix in almost every way.

As for tool building sfmmfreak, we use tools to create the "perfect element". It's also an easier way to make a track. I do still handbuild a lot of my tracks, but I resort to tools for loops(except the one on CENTROID), helixes, airtime hills, ect.

Making an old classic woodie, like Grand National, however, we will resort to using our hands, rather than our brains, if you know what I mean.

A

Anonymous

TritonCopy-071111161736001.jpg

TritonCopy-071111161656000.jpg

Don't watch the statistics :p At exactly that point, the train went down. And I forgot to press F1.... And the train color is not the real color. I'm looking for 1 :) Do you know a good colour for the track?

TritonCopy-071111161922003.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I agree. I also think that the ride looks awesome in that setting, the way it stands out against the sun going down.

Jer

Strata Poster
Freebirds layout as of now, im still not happy with it though :\:

oh and Loefet it'll have a helix of death after the second MCBR

Freebird-071111205541000.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^WOW. That looks pretty intense. The 'first' drop looks pretty awesome, I hope there is loads of airtime on it.

As for the rest of the ride it looks a little drawn out, but I does look good with the hills and tight helixes.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, it could be.

It's a tricky shot to determine anything from but I would say an Invert as well. Is that some theming I can also see in the picture?

It looks good, I'm interested to see what it will be like now...

Status
Not open for further replies.