Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Does everyone remember being 100% convinced Thirteen was going to be called "Enchained" or whatever it was (I'd have to go back and look up the topic to find out)? That was all down to people reading too much into early promotional material and trying to "work out" what the name was.

In reality, they never give you any clues as to what it may be called. We have as much evidence for it to be called "War" as we do for it to be called "The fruit blending mystery coaster".

Lofty

CF Legend

To be honest, I really don't think it's names going to be "WAR". Although, it's actually an ok name. That logo is alright too, whoever said that it must have took them ages to do is FAR wrong though. It wouldn't have actually taken that long...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

furie said:
Does everyone remember being 100% convinced Thirteen was going to be called "Enchained" or whatever it was (I'd have to go back and look up the topic to find out)? That was all down to people reading too much into early promotional material and trying to "work out" what the name was.

Oh god, people looked into EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL on the original concept advert... I remember an entire trip of mocking this fact everytime I spotted something new all over the park...

Some enthusiast during construction said:
"OMG THERE'S A DOG, THEY MUST HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY THIS OLD LONG STORY ABOUT SOME DAUGHTER GOING MISSING AND CHANGED IT TO TOWERS!"
Of course, that is a rather shortened version of the posts surrounding the mysterious dog shadow... Which in the end, never featured again once the newer posters came out...

Towers certainly had their troll face on good and proper for Thirteen didn't they?

ry1996

Mega Poster

Ime pretty sure the rides name is NOT going to be "WAR" I think thats just a prmotional Image as they would not relaease the name yet not until august 1st But guess we will find out looks really intresting

Beans

Hyper Poster

Unfortunately I cannot go on the 1st now my friend has backed out again, but I am going tomorrow so will get a few piccys of what I can see., prob won't have time to post them till Friday though...

I don't think War will be the name but I have a hunch on Survivor, it is meant to be theme around a disaster, we will see...

Temleh

Mega Poster

If this turns out to be Call of Duty: The Ride then I think i'm going to kill someone.

Beans

Hyper Poster

Not very good as fencing up and trees from Stealth Gardens but tried, not from Stealth platform as I din't want to be a pest to hostsas team leaders were about..

dsc02641g.jpg

dsc02643mfl.jpg

dsc02644u.jpg

dsc02645t.jpg

dsc02646q.jpg

dsc02649x.jpg

dsc02666hs.jpg

dsc02669t.jpg

dsc02670pd.jpg

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

I like that this topic has reached 66 pages and there hasn't even been any footers yet. :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Thekingin64 said:
I like that this topic has reached 66 pages and there hasn't even been any footers yet. :lol:

48 pages are people saying "I can't believe it's already xx pages and there hasn't even been any footers yet" :p

For those needing a recap, because everything was so long ago and so many pages back, we are semi-regularly updating a construction page:
http://www.coasterforce.com/world-park- ... ction-lc12

D1993

Hyper Poster

they announce this officially tomorrow right?
very excited cant wait to see what its gonna be!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Yes, at midday.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Don't make me get the padlock out today... We don't need a minute by minute countdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.