What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I did not even notice that tree on Raptor, mind you we only rode it once in the day light so that could be why and I was on the inside.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
^^ You do realize that the concept trains also have intamin restraints, in fact it looks like they photoshoped some people from a Furious Baco picture into their concept art.
Raptor´s pic is this one upside down.... same people, same trains... It is clearly FB turned upside down:
Furius-Baco-at-Port-Aventura.jpg

Mark

Strata Poster

It seems that I was quite lucky I noticed all of the leg/arm/head choppers on my first go on Raptor, although I was expecting them and looking out for them so to speak.

I think because people, on CF at least, are aware of the intention in the design, they will be noticeable. Most people would notice these interactions from the queue line anyways I would imagine. I just hope there are lots of them.

I am also interested to see more on the church building. It could potentially be one of the best themed stations in the country if they get it right. I find that quite often the exterior looks amazing but the interior can be a little ordinary. However, with this they can really break the mould if they want to. Rather than having the usual dispatch bays they could have everyone queuing inbetween church pews and so on. I expect stained-glass windows (even if partially smashed) somewhere too :)

I can't believe I am actually enjoying following the development of a TP coaster again so yay Thorpe. :)

Aaron

Hyper Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

It'd be really good if they take advantage of the high ceilings and make it look really apocalyptic, perhaps even going so far as to make it dark other than created light, I think that would be really atmospheric!

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Mark said:
Rather than having the usual dispatch bays they could have everyone queuing inbetween church pews and so on. I expect stained-glass windows (even if partially smashed) somewhere too :)

That would be amazing!

bob_3_

Giga Poster

I find that quite often the exterior looks amazing but the interior can be a little ordinary.

Kinda agree with N:I being one of the worst! =(.

However The Swarm's station will mostly be outdoor, which should make the theming pretty cool.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

Mark said:
Rather than having the usual dispatch bays they could have everyone queuing inbetween church pews and so on. I expect stained-glass windows (even if partially smashed) somewhere too :)

I can't see that happening. Such a concept would be wasted on the TP customer base.

Stained glass windows on the other hand... :)

Ollie

CF Legend

What side is everyone going to go on first? Which one do you reckon will ride best and are you going to go for that side first or leave the best till last?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

I couldn't give a rat's arse which side I go on first...

Will it matter? Maybe, but I'd rather not be more worried about getting the 'correct' side than actually riding the thing...

Besides, might not even get a choice in the matter...

AJ

Giga Poster

I wanna sit on the left side on the 6th row back at precisely 11:37am with slight cloud and 13 degree temperature, slight breeze.

marc

CF Legend

AJ said:
I wanna sit on the left side on the 6th row back at precisely 11:37am with slight cloud and 13 degree temperature, slight breeze.
You never gave a date silly lol.

Don't really care where I sit going to ride it enough times and it's good to experience many different positions.

Aaron

Hyper Poster

marc said:
good to experience many different positions.

That's what she said!

Haha couldn't resist...

I will echo what everyone else has said, I don't think it really matters which side you go on, I wouldn't mind going at the front first time though!

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

Beans

Hyper Poster

It would appear Go Merlin have another update cannot see it on developer page

Can your see what I see!!

39288831568163512679113.jpg

Aaron

Hyper Poster

Looks brill! Though I thought the fuselage would be the other side of the first drop with the wing going over it towards the camera (in that angle)

Good to see the theme elements starting to come together!

marc

CF Legend

Yes I hope they move the plane seems a bit point less under the lift hill and hill before the zero G.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^^True, but it may not be directly for the interaction with the coaster. It could be as part of the theming for the whole area. I thought the same as you at first, but I suspect it's going to be for some of the paths/plazas around the station.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

marc said:
Yes I hope they move the plane seems a bit point less under the lift hill and hill before the zero G.

Looking at the plans that is the right place for the tail of the plane, but it should be turned 90 degrees. The plane wing will be built over the first drop going away from the camera... I'm not sure how much they can stray from the submitted plans.

Aaron

Hyper Poster

I do like the idea of the first drop diving under the wing, think it'll look really striking when it is all in place, I just thought it would be sticking out the other way!

Status
Not open for further replies.