What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

There's hope for this ride yet if all enthusiasts can think of to argue over this ride is whether or not the sunken spire in Tidal Wave's lagoon is/was attached/part of a real/fabricated church or not.

Personally I think it's a reject butt-plug which failed EU safety regulations after testers bled to death from their rectums because of the pointy edges. The reason the shark crashed into KFC is because it saw all this happening and got **** scared! Simples.

Ben

CF Legend

Um, not even sure that steeple is from a church.

Not all steeples are on churches. And then if they are, they're usually topped with a cross like...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:San_Agustin_Cathedral.JPG

The one at Thorpe has no religious iconography at all, thus, we can not assume it is actually from a church. It's also quite small, which suggests it's from a farmhouse, or a regular large house, not a church.

SO. There we go. Everyone shut up.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Holy ****.. #-o .

I can't even open my mouth without a bloody riot kicking off. I would mention the fact that using your logic, we have no reason to assume THE SWARM's station is themed around a church... but this is getting silly now. :roll:

Bear

Roller Poster

For the first time in like 6 years, I'm actually getting really excited for a new ride!

*maintains a whimsical disposition in the face of unspeakably silly conflict*

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Just a small media update...

A new animated advert has been added to the homepage of thorpepark.com and it looks bloody brilliant! :D

Ethan

Strata Poster

Is that it? I was expecting B-Roll footage or something, not just a logo with an annoying noise...

Lofty

CF Legend

TP Rich said:
Just a small media update...

A new animated advert has been added to the homepage of thorpepark.com and it looks bloody brilliant! :D

You need to get out more...

nealbie

CF Legend

Entrance Ticket to Thorpe Park: £40.80
Building The Swarm: £20,000,000
Seeing The Look On The Faces of Enthusiasts When Confronted With Massive Holes and Piles of Mud: Priceless...

... For Anything Else Utterly Moronic and Pointless There's TP Rich

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ethan said:
Is that it? I was expecting B-Roll footage or something, not just a logo with an annoying noise...
Erm, how can there be B-Roll footage when it's not complete yet?

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

It's interesting how difficult it is to hold a genuine discussion on these forums when it seems the only thing you can think about is slagging people off if they disagree with you in the slightest. There's no evidence of you sensibly working out the positive and negative points about the advert, you just jump straight into the:

"You need to get out more..."

or

"... For Anything Else Utterly Moronic and Pointless There's TP Rich"

Now, I'm not sure if you're actually posting these comments to offend me, because they're definately not, and I think you're the ones that need to 'get out more' if you like to spend your time online trying to offend people you don't personally know.

There is honestly no point in you wasting your own time to post a message to try and offend somebody you don't even know when chances are it's not going to work anyway. I'd really appreciate it if you simply tell me you disagree, rather than screaming insults at me, acting like I've said something racist, after I've said nothing more than that I like an advert. I accept that this is my opinion, and even if I didn't, being called "moronic and pointless" is going to put nothing towards it.

I joined CoasterForce last month so that I could discuss and appreciate theme parks with other enthusiasts, and that's what I'd still like to do. I'd really appreciate it if you just put a little bit more thought into your posts, and I promise I'll do exactly the same thing. Thank you.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Not that we should be getting onto this in here, but, all I will say to you Rich is it seems to me that you (and some other new members) care more about your post count, than the actual discussion in hand. Basically posting stuff for the sake of it.

nealbie

CF Legend

I'm all for genuine discussion, but when people post nonsense about Merlin having a church fetish then I'll just assume you're taking things as seriously as me and respond accordingly.

Just don't take a geeky coaster-based social network too seriously and everyone'll get along just fine.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Well, let's end this here, but please do give me some real points rather than pointless insults when you disagree with me, and everything will be fine.

nealbie

CF Legend

I thought you weren't insulted? ;)

But if it's points you're after feel free to have any number of Vettel's 374.

Ummmmmm, so Ian doesn't get miffed..... YAY! Sexy B&M Track! *omnomnom*

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Oh well, at least I got a 'special rank' out of the whole ordeal, plus the immaturity of some member of the site team... :-k

Right about the immature site team thing, wrong topic - hence the ignorant fish ;)

By the way, what this topic REALLY needs is spam*

- Furie

*If your sarcasm detector didn't go off there, go and get it replaced.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

Erm.... right.

So, as track work seems nearly complete, what's a usual time gap between completion and testing? Do they normally go straight away or does it take time to get the trains in and going?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^All I know is that B&M don't do pull through testing...they like to just go for it! The gap between Parc Asterix's new invert was several months...so yeah, a month or two. However, they can't test in the winter so I'd say January/February.

the king

Mega Poster

It was mentioned, that it should be up and running by january, I pressume they would do testing it ASAP if they can't do it december, or possibly test it by the beginnings of january.

Status
Not open for further replies.