What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^Really like how the station is slowly coming together and seeing how small the gap is between the inline support and the building. :)
391951_138113489625394_115673268536083_112870_310784236_n.jpg

Kebab

Giga Poster

^Proof that we will get some serious chopper this time round! Not like the rotating saw blades on Saw which you barely notice! :p

marc

CF Legend
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

That will be like Raptor, when I sat on the outside I thought I was going to hit the support was a strange feeling.

It's coming along really well, cannot wait now.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

It's a shame that they didn't also make the hole in the wall for the track rough edged like a tank had driven through it, otherwise the station looks great.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

I am genuinely confident that for once we will be getting the full planned experience, with helicopters and overturned lorries and such, which seems to go very well with the style of the ride, especially when manufactured by B&M.

Dev Diary update:

"Developer's Diary will be INTERVIEWING key people from THE SWARM project and getting YOU, the fans, to decide what questions we ask them! First up in the HOTSEAT is CARSTEN STOCK. Carsten is the Team Supervisor of the 15 German engineers who travel the world and specialize in rollercoaster construction. What do you want to ask Carsten....?????"

Plus twenty six new close-up photographs on:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.125660334204043.14578.115673268536083&type=1

It's looking beautiful already! :D

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

ALL of the pictures in the link above are taken during the daytime, plus they're close-up, so I'd recommend looking. :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I've had a look but there not good really. I would like see some more of that corkscrew and theming.

Dar

Hyper Poster

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
It's a shame that they didn't also make the hole in the wall for the track rough edged like a tank had driven through it, otherwise the station looks great.

I wonder if they'll add a little roughness once they come to render that bit like the rest. I think the breeze blocks are just for the main structure.

Well...I hope they add a little texture once the render goes on, or it'll look a strange being dragged away by "THE SWARM" only to find they have cut a nice rectangle for you get in and out of their lair.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

This is looking absolutely amazing! Hopefully it will be as intense as it looks. Raptor was a little on the slow side.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

I agree that it would look beautiful themed as if it had been rammed with a tank. Perhaps they could have some tank track on the ground leading to some crumbled walls or something.

I notice that Thorpe do seem to like their devestated churches...

AJ

Giga Poster

Tidal wave is hardly a devastated church, it's a steeple poking out of a badly painted lagoon <//3.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Yeah exactly :/ Anyway again it's great to see how close the in-line will be to the station... I guess I should book tickets now!

Ethan

Strata Poster

We don't call it a church because it's not a church! There is no Church there! There is the steeple of a Church, but no, actual church. It implies that there is a church submerged beneath the water, but there isn't one. The only real church is that of The Swarm, because it is real, and is physically there. The park isn't hinting to us that there is a Church there, because there actually is one (on The Swarm).

Back on topic, I know it was mentioned not that long ago, but are they seriously going to keep that rectangle cut out of the side for the track or are they going to actually 'theme' it. I have a horrible feeling in my stomach that they will just leave it.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Of course it's not a 'real church'. It's a theme park ride station covered in plaster to look like a church. God - what a pathetic and pointless argument this is over just one tongue-in-cheek comment. Let's end it here.

If you're talking about the entrance to the station, I wouldn't be surprised if they did just leave it, but we can hope.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ok I don't know if your that thick but seriously? Of course I know it's not a real church... And yes it may have just been a funny comment but it was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.