What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

ZeroG

Roller Poster
Lol it does seem quite amazing how someone who gets paid to report facts got the only facts in that article so badly wrong.

How is it actually possible, anywhere on the internet, to get the impression that TT2 is the tallest coaster in the world?

It almost seems like they do it on purpose to increase engagement.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
How is it actually possible, anywhere on the internet, to get the impression that TT2 is the tallest coaster in the world?

It's advertised as the tallest and fastest multi launch coaster in the world. Easy to misread or misinterpret that, especially you're a non-expert who is getting an article together quickly.

Don't get me wrong, it's poor to give incorrect facts and I got a chuckle out of it, but it's not out of the realms of possibilities to see how people make a mistake.

Matt N

CF Legend
It would appear that the suggestions of Saw’s planned closure being related to Hyperia could be correct, as ahead of Saw’s planned closure tomorrow and Tuesday, a large crane has been photographed sitting and waiting in Hyperia’s ride area:
Hopefully this crane should be able to get up there and bring a swift end to Hyperia’s closure!

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m hoping Hyperia reopens on Saturday, and by my own visit on 10th June.

From what I’ve seen, I think it could go either way at the moment… but I do think that a Saturday reopening is still very possible. They’ve got one last day with the crane today, which would in theory leave two days to test the ride before Saturday. Given that the ride was tested comprehensively before it opened, I think this should probably be enough.

I’m currently taking the view that “no news is good news”… given that Thorpe Park have not pushed the 8th June date back yet, I’m inclined to believe that all is hopefully going to plan so far.

Thorpe Park will surely want the ride open as soon as possible. I can’t imagine they’d be hanging about unnecessarily given that this is their big “new for 2024” draw.

Matt N

CF Legend
Promising update; a box was delivered up to the top of the lift hill this afternoon, which was presumably the new part. I’m also hearing word that after this was fitted, the two lifting clamps were both taken back down on the crane:

Hopefully a Saturday opening could still be on! There is allegedly a train filled with water dummies ready to be tested, so they’re certainly ready to test by the sounds of things, and seeing as it’s gone 5pm on Wednesday evening and a Saw closure for tomorrow has not been added to the ride closures list, I think it’s safe to conclude that there’s no more crane work anticipated either!
EDIT - I can in fact provide photographic proof, and not just word, that the lifting clamps have come down:

Last edited:

davidm

Strata Poster
They are also saying (in replies) that the next update will confirm a re-opening date - so that's got to be a good sign right? RIGHT!?!?

(obviously "next" is a bit vague but you gotta have hope ;) )

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh dear… I’m not optimistic about Monday, I must admit. They haven’t said anything beyond it simply not opening on Saturday, so they could just be being cautious about the days immediately following Saturday, but the suggestion that they’re going to announce a reopening date suggests that it might not be any time soon.

It’s probably best now if I go with the expectation that it won’t be open and be pleasantly surprised if it is…

I must admit, I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot by continually announcing these arbitrary dates that they can’t meet. It just sets people up for disappointment.

ZeroG

Roller Poster
It makes sense that they seem to be running about a day behind schedule. Thus Sunday or Monday.

It makes sense that they would want to announce that Saturday is not happening before it begins to test, to avoid false hope.

But it also makes sense that they're going to need to re-inspect after a couple of days of testing. And because the re-opening day is going to be huge and pressure is high, they probably don't want to start planning the re-opening day until they're very confident.

On that basis I'd say we're looking a bit further than Monday. But fingers crossed 🤞🏼