What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Booked to be going to Thorpe tomorrow. Had it in the calendar since Hyperia’s opening day was announced. Obviously thought I got lucky with the rumours of a Tuesday opening, however I Just had an email from the park which states:

Dear Guest,

Important update regarding your upcoming visit

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to confirm when Hyperia will re-open. We are really sorry for the ongoing disappointment we know this will cause. Rest assured, the teams involved are working very hard to get our Golden Goddess back up and running as soon as they possibly can – and you may have seen trains running around the track already. We will ensure all the latest updates are provided via our socials and on our website.​

Soooo I guess I'm out of luck too. Wonder when we'll finally see it re-open!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Think I'm gonna head to Thorpe tomorrow and work from there for the morning in the hope it might still open 🤞🤞🤞

Highly unlikely to open to guests. It has been leaked that staff will be given the chance to ride throughout the day tomorrow (presumably as part of the continued stress testing).

I guess there's an outside chance it'll open in the afternoon, but it does seem like Wednesday at the earliest is most likely

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Staff rides have been taking place on one of the trains today. A lot of the staff are in plain clothes so I assume they’ve been invited to come in on a day off. A few disgruntled nerds giving the team staffing the ride a slightly hard time as they’re looking on.

Tbf my group were in the colossus queue as they sent the first train with riders round and assumed they had soft opened. So I kinda get it. But also obviously they’re doing this to sort through more teething issues so got over myself pretty fast 😅

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
I mean I do feel sorry for anyone who spent loads on travel that didn't know in time or just unable to alter plans. But no sympathy for those parading the worse of themselves online today while I was scanning for signs of progress or formal good news.

As I'm free tomorrow (stupid unemployment is handy on the rarest of occasions) I guess I'll go..... and no longer have to hang out in Legoland with my fingers crossed.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm already slightly over the park continuously referring to the ride as "Golden Goddess" I mean...give it a rest already...it's barely even gold!
I'm pretty sure that term was coined by enthusiasts and the park have just rolled with it... I like it...

Thorpe Park if you're reading this, we love our Golden Goddess... Enjoy the next few months, after all...

Actually, on that subject, I'm really quite impressed with just how in tune with the coaster community Thorpe park seem to have become. They said they watched hours and hours of reviews and vlogs from opening day, read thousands of social media posts, and I believe them. It's genuinely starting to feel like a park run by enthusiasts, or at the very least, a park with enthusiasts in the team.