What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Wish I could, it's my Son's birthday and we've ordered him new PC parts so I can show him how to put one together... Really tempting to ask him if he wants to head down to Hyperia and do it Thursday though. 🙈 😂

Man if I was him I'd postpone putting a PC together to go ride a brand new coaster almost always, especially considering this is the best one around, and ESPECIALLY if it was on my birthday!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Obviously we're hitting school trip season now. Whilst mid Junr isn't peak school trip season, don't expect any quiet days any time soon, and be fully prepared to see 90+ minute queues as the norm for the foreseeable

StevenX

Mega Poster
Obviously we're hitting school trip season now. Whilst mid Junr isn't peak school trip season, don't expect any quiet days any time soon, and be fully prepared to see 90+ minute queues as the norm for the foreseeable
I was aiming to go some time in June or July during the week but have no kids and so don't keep track of school holidays. Is all of June to July a write-off, and is it better to wait until August?

owenstreet7

Roller Poster
I was aiming to go some time in June or July during the week but have no kids and so don't keep track of school holidays. Is all of June to July a write-off, and is it better to wait until August?
Peak School Trip season usually runs from next week to the end of school term (Mid-Late June to Late July?).

Weekdays during this time can be crowded during this time (at times even more than weekends).

I have found the first 2/3 weeks of the summer holidays (July and August) to be more manageable (including weekends) from visiting last year.

StevenX

Mega Poster
Peak School Trip season usually runs from next week to the end of school term (Mid-Late June to Late July?).

Weekdays during this time can be crowded during this time (at times even more than weekends).

I have found the first 2/3 weeks of the summer holidays (July and August) to be more manageable (including weekends) from visiting last year.
Hmm, do we reckon Tuesday 25th is going to be a silly idea? Struggling a bit with dates given my partner's shift pattern but keen to go ASAP!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Hmm, do we reckon Tuesday 25th is going to be a silly idea? Struggling a bit with dates given my partner's shift pattern but keen to go ASAP!
Generally from my experience late June to mid July will be a pretty busy time to go no matter what due to school trips. I remember going around that time shortly after my employability college course ended and the place was heaving, but to be fair it was 2019 which was five years ago but I doubt much will change. I think it's up in the air still and I'm not sure how Hyperia will affect queues, but honestly at this point if you see an opportunity to go I'd say take it.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
^ With that said, if you have a window to go, you might as well just grit your teeth and bare it.
When I worked at my local park I always told the teachers who were complaining about how busy the park was, that they forgot there's 5 days in a school week.
The dip in attendance on a Tuesday and Thursday is always noticable from an operational standpoint. People think hmmm I'll go at the start/mid/end of the week to miss the crowds, completely forgetting about Tues & Thurs. If your best opportunity is during the school trip period, try and make the trip on a Tuesday or Thursday and you'll likely have at least a slightly quieter park.

Dar

Hyper Poster
If your best opportunity is during the school trip period, try and make the trip on a Tuesday or Thursday and you'll likely have at least a slightly quieter park.
I know it's not fully school trip season, but I have to agree with at least the Thursday part. We're here today, and there are multiple school groups in but hyperia has been at a steady 50 minute queue all day! (Barring the start of the day when it got to 100 minutes :p )

Everything else has been around 30-45 too

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
^ With that said, if you have a window to go, you might as well just grit your teeth and bare it.
When I worked at my local park I always told the teachers who were complaining about how busy the park was, that they forgot there's 5 days in a school week.
The dip in attendance on a Tuesday and Thursday is always noticable from an operational standpoint. People think hmmm I'll go at the start/mid/end of the week to miss the crowds, completely forgetting about Tues & Thurs. If your best opportunity is during the school trip period, try and make the trip on a Tuesday or Thursday and you'll likely have at least a slightly quieter park.
People, like us, also have Mondays or Fridays off work... This is for several reasons, Mondays are 'hospitality' day, with many pubs, restaurants etc closed on Mondays. But also, in other industries, if they work a 4 day week, people often take a 3 day weekend, meaning they're off Fridays. Then there's the half day workers on Fridays, that finish at lunch time.

I don't know what the deal with Wednesdays is (in fact, they're often some of the quietest days at Towers.) But Mondays and Fridays being busier is at least partly due to modern work / shift patterns.

Changa

Mega Poster
We just returned from a trip today, having thankfully held out as we already had the annual leave booked off.

The growing pains of getting the ride up & running have evaporated. I don't think there was a moment of downtime today, despite the crew consistently dispatching the trains fast enough for the previous train to roll through the block brake. The ride attendants were astounding today with how well coordinated and polite they were.

I've been travelling for 5 hours to get back, so I'll spew my opinions on the ride into a trip report later!

People, like us, also have Mondays or Fridays off work... This is for several reasons, Mondays are 'hospitality' day, with many pubs, restaurants etc closed on Mondays. But also, in other industries, if they work a 4 day week, people often take a 3 day weekend, meaning they're off Fridays. Then there's the half day workers on Fridays, that finish at lunch time.

I don't know what the deal with Wednesdays is (in fact, they're often some of the quietest days at Towers.) But Mondays and Fridays being busier is at least partly due to modern work / shift patterns.
Also people who work Monday to Friday like to take Monday or Friday off to extend their weekend