What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
They were recording for a TV show; I believe they've been asked to keep opinions to themselves until it airs / ride opens.

Ultimately their opinion right now will be meaningless. If they don't like it, they'll have to say they did. And if they did like it and think it's the best ride ever, no one would believe them as they'd think they've just been told to say that.
They're never ever going to say a single negative thing about any of these projects. It goes against their interests 😊

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Not that i'm going to visit around opening day, but I have a feeling this ride is going to be a bit of a building site still when it does open.
The ride experience itself should be fantastic though, excited to hear peoples feedback on it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Not that i'm going to visit around opening day, but I have a feeling this ride is going to be a bit of a building site still when it does open.
The ride experience itself should be fantastic though, excited to hear peoples feedback on it.

I think that all the guest areas will be complete, and it will feel complete there.

The issues will more be the ride area being incredibly bare, as they need the vegetation to grow, and the outskirts, which may well still be building-site esque.

I don't think it will matter significantly to the ride or the feel of the plaza, but on ride it might be a bit "car park" feeling, just with dirt instead.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
I think that all the guest areas will be complete, and it will feel complete there.

The issues will more be the ride area being incredibly bare, as they need the vegetation to grow, and the outskirts, which may well still be building-site esque.

I don't think it will matter significantly to the ride or the feel of the plaza, but on ride it might be a bit "car park" feeling, just with dirt instead.

Yeah for sure. Should look awesome in 5-10 years when more foliage and trees have grown etc. Will have a bit of that vibe the log flume used to.

Changa

Mega Poster
My incredibly scientific analysis of this video yields 2 findings:

1) This shows off Hyperias scale better than any static video from the ground. It's hilarious to see how much the ride overshadows the rest of the park, but other footage just didn't get that across.

2) That first drop still looks to be absolutely horrifying. I think it easily could end up being one of, if not the best on any coaster.

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Hopefully it won't be like the Shambhala one where you're past it before you notice it

Based of the 2 separate videos posted, it looks like that is definitely going to be the case.

Also unfortunately as people have mentioned...unlike Diamondback where there's a viewing area to actually see the water effects off-ride, it sounds like this is barely going to be visible to anyone.

Swat

Hyper Poster
I dont think this has been posted yet but a few days ago the park did a short showing inside the station.

I dont mind the wall so much but the ceiling is looking pretty bare, hopefully there is still more to be done

View attachment 31605
I’m glad they decided to not show it during Jacks updates so it’s a surprise.. luckily there’s a projector and smoke machine so you won’t be able to see the plain black station

djmcbell

Roller Poster
Was at Thorpe Park yesterday on a holiday from abroad. We did aim to be there for Hyperia opening but are just missing it.

The park was pretty dead. It did muster some 30 minute queues for the odd ride but they were mostly very brief waits.

Also, still a fair bit of work (probably cleanup work, final touches) going on around Hyperia.