What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Niles

Giga Poster
It looks great. If the trims were slightly more theatrical then I wouldn’t mind how hard it hits them and ultimately cuts the layout in half.

For me everything before the trims looks great but yes, the train does slow down quite a bit for those last two hills. Hopefully when riding it wont feel so bad or they may still be able adjust it to not slow down as much 🤞

NemesisRider

Roller Poster
All looks fantastic so far - intrigued to hear the reviews.

That said, it's always a little disappointing to see what is basically a perfectly synchronised custom soundtrack then no onboard audio. Surely it's not that much more expensive in the grand scheme of a multi-million pound investment? For example, something like Ride to Happiness is great on it's own, but I feel the audio makes that ride experience.

Bobby McBobface

Roller Poster
A disappointing amount of whip?! Were we watching the same POV? 🤣

The thing looks mental in my opinion. With tons of whip, especially during the ascent into the huge weird outer bank.
It may be the way the camera is mounted and stabilised, but the first drop looks far too graceful as it twists. For me (visually at least), it doesn't appear to have nearly the same amount of whip as something like Expedition GeForce or Kondaa, or even the Big One 😅 But I really hope it surprises me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So I will say - it's really very very good. I'll write a bit more tomorrow, but it's probably the best ride in the UK, second maybe only to Nemesis (though I have not done Reborn yet).

We rode in the back row and it was surprisingly ferocious!

Crandall

Roller Poster
Looks great! I'm thinking of going on a weekday after half term (5th or 12th of June most likely). Does anyone know from experience whether it'll be relatively short queues? It's usually fine midweek but I've not been so soon after a coaster has opened.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They have now taken one train off for some inexplicable reason. Stupid. :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's probably some kind of teething problem... out of interest, what was the throughput like on two?
Throughput was decent with two trains. Its having tech issues with one train currently, so throughput is currently terrible.

Theory among goons here is that they took the second train off 'cos the queue had gone down a lot as everyone went to get food. Theory among goons, I must stress.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's now been managing just about one train between shutdowns. This could be a challenge if it keeps this up tomorrow.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Seriously though all the early reviews so far are very positive! Not read one negative thing about it yet!

Sounds like it is an incredible coaster, can’t wait to experience it!
Yes, it is a tall coaster and it is fast. But to me it is also to short.
Do you get 2 laps for the price of 1? Just like with a lot of Big Apple coasters?

spicy

Giga Poster
Yes, it is a tall coaster and it is fast. But to me it is also to short.
Do you get 2 laps for the price of 1? Just like with a lot of Big Apple coasters?

No one has mentioned the short layout as an issue yet.

I would guess it packs a punch within its short layout and what it does, it does very well. So the shortness doesn’t detract from the experience.

How much would a few extra turns or helixes really add? The huge elements are what Hyperia is all about, not ride length.

FogZog

Mega Poster
No one has mentioned the short layout as an issue yet.

I would guess it packs a punch within its short layout and what it does, it does very well. So the shortness doesn’t detract from the experience.

How much would a few extra turns or helixes really add? The huge elements are what Hyperia is all about, not ride length.
I mean. I love a good helix. Especially towards the end of a ride.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I mean, Fianna Force has quite a fair amount of just random turns at the end of the layout and everyone is raving about it.

It's like people that say "Oblivion is just about the drop" or "Stealth is just about the launch".

Yeah cool you can declare that....But there are other rides that offer a big drop or a fast launch but just don't stop there.
It's not like Hyperia is the only Hyper with big elements....

Last edited:

spicy

Giga Poster
I mean, Fianna Force has quite a fair amount of just random turns at the end of the layout and everyone is raving about it.

It's like people that say "Oblivion is just about the drop" or "Stealth is just about the launch".

Yeah cool you can declare that....But there are other rides that offer a big drop or a fast launch but just don't stop there.
It's not like Hyperia is the only Hyper with big elements....

Oblivion & Stealth are mainly about those elements though?

Do the extra couple turns on Xcelerator make the ride experience much better than Stealth?

The longer layout of Sheikra makes the experience way better than Oblivion?

I’d argue no and personally I enjoy the shorter layouts just as much as the longer ones..

Do I wish Hyperia was a bit longer? Of course.

Am I going to enjoy Hyperia just as much as a longer hyper? Definitely.