What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It is indeed. And was my reference for my "joke" as you very kindly put it 😂
Was going to leave a smart arsed response like "You could have been talking about Nemesis." Then I remembered you said 'dug' and the nemesis pit was literally blasted with explosives.

It's an interesting thing to ponder though, why were they able, back then, to spend so much money on ground works, even before the coaster went in? Could you imagine how much it would cost to essentially opencast forbidden valley nowadays?

No chance of this happening of course but plans at least existed in 2005 for a taller & faster coaster in the UK and it could be done with a Red Force clone if BPB really wanted their record back.
Obviously all of this is just talk but if BPB went down the Red Force clone route, surely it would be worth it to beat Red Force by a couple feet, therefore giving BPB the title of Europe's tallest.

emoo

Hyper Poster
We just need Mandy to have a change of heart and enough nicer annual pass holders.
... never say never...
🤣as cool as it would be this might be a stretch too far so can an exception be made here..

So, Fury 325 clone confirmed then?
What about a Hades influenced ride where it dives into the pleasure beach, drops for an eternity to make a record then eventually pop up on a new pier out in the Irish sea.

For records sake this support structure of joy will take a while to beat - and to get something else of substance seems unthinkable right now. Maybe we cling to a Thorpe full length hyper/giga down the road once Hyperia is accepted as the new norm but lets see if they can keep the faith after a season first.

As giddy as I am about the Universal promise, I don't expect they would even try for a stat

Niles

Giga Poster
I also went past yesterday and yes I 100% agree on how imposing it looks, I was with my Gf and sister and when I said that the outer bank is around 160ft and it still will climb around 70ftish more they were like 😦 whaaaa? this was the first time they saw it and describing how on the outer bank you are on the outside with just a lap bar they seemed pretty nervous about it 😅

I did not have time to walk down monks walk sadly but I should some time next week and hopefully work will have started back up again, however if you would like a final look at the site for the year Attraction source have taken some great shots See all here.

Here are just a few.
2.jpg
1.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
🤣as cool as it would be this might be a stretch too far so can an exception be made here..
If you'd told me 4 or 5 years ago that DM would be refurbing their huge stand up coaster, refurbing and reopening their rapids, refurbing their buffalo coaster, adding a thrilling flat, adding 4 family flats, as well as building a brand spanking new Intamin lift and launch coaster, all in the space of 3 years... I would literally have spat my tea out, laughed in your face and told you to stop being a f***in idiot...

So no, absolutely not, DM are the last park I'm going to make that exception for right now... 🤣 😂 🤣

(P.s, miss ya dude, hope you had a great Christmas :) Need to get some trips planned!!!)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Excited to read that Thorpe are open every single day from the end of March through to November... Including 7pm finishes through the whole Summer holidays!!! (inc week days.) 6pm on most late June / early July weekdays... Some decent hours for what are usually 'relatively' quiet days.

With the TLC for the whole park and extended opening, Thorpe really are trying to make the most of the momentum Hyperia should give them!!!!

I can visit every single Monday of this season (we close Mondays) if I want... Woohooo

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Excited to read that Thorpe are open every single day from the end of March through to November... Including 7pm finishes through the whole Summer holidays!!! (inc week days.) 6pm on most late June / early July weekdays... Some decent hours for what are usually 'relatively' quiet days.

With the TLC for the whole park and extended opening, Thorpe really are trying to make the most of the momentum Hyperia should give them!!!!

I can visit every single Monday of this season (we close Mondays) if I want... Woohooo
Knowing part of your schedule for the end of June I reckon Monday 1st of July would require quite some effort 😂

Sounds like I'll be popping down for a hour after work!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Just an observation here, but I've now seen two US based goon channels on the Youbox stating that Hyperia is their most anticipated coaster of 2024 (Coaster Studios and Coaster Verse).
I also heard some very positive chatter about it from some industry types while I was over in Florida a couple of months ago.
The buzz over this thing is not just confined to the UK, it seems.

spicy

Giga Poster
Just an observation here, but I've now seen two US based goon channels on the Youbox stating that Hyperia is their most anticipated coaster of 2024 (Coaster Studios and Coaster Verse).
I also heard some very positive chatter about it from some industry types while I was over in Florida a couple of months ago.
The buzz over this thing is not just confined to the UK, it seems.

Probably as it’s so unique and is pretty intriguing how it’s going to ride, particularly the huge outer bank into the roll. I can’t think of a similar element anywhere else? Maybe on an RMC?

Way more interesting to any US goons than the B&M hyper would have been which everyone has seen many times before.

Niles

Giga Poster
Tried to go down monks walk today but its very flooded, for comparison i could walk through this tunnel last time.
IMG20240106151537.jpg

The paths were also submerged, definitely wellies (boots were not enough) are needed if your gonna have a look from the south side of monks walk currently. We did not have long enough to try from the other end but i got a good look from the bridge and hopefully next time im this way will be to ride it 😍

Could not see anything new from the pictures @JoshC. posted further up.
IMG20240106151254.jpg

Funnily enough there was a family and a couple also trying to find a way to Hyperia but got stuck also, after a chat they did not seem to be enthusiasts but just regular people wanting to see it as they had heard the tallest coaster was being built and they both had traveled about an hour to see it, so the GP seem to be interested ☺️