What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

spicy

Giga Poster
Jack Silkstone right now

giphy.gif

Niles

Giga Poster
Dam we are so close to vertical construction, more track is also on site.
IMG_20231005_092647.jpg

Here are some pics of them bringing the supports over to go in.
IMG_20231005_092633.jpg
IMG_20231005_092621.jpg
IMG_20231005_092609.jpg

They are being placed by the turnaround, here is a look at the supports.
IMG_20231005_092554.jpg

I cannot wait to see this go vertical 🤩

For more see Jacks vid.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Also to note; 90% of the footers are now in place and Jack confirmed the supports at the far end of the site will go in first (the massive outerbank inversion thing). Doesn't seem like the construction crane is on site yet though.
image.png

My guess is we will see the two support towers constructed first and then the track afterwards, but I'm curious if we will see both towers go up simultaneously or if they'll finish one and then start the second, followed by the track. Either way, I'm way too excited right now!

spicy

Giga Poster
^Also to note; 90% of the footers are now in place and Jack confirmed the supports at the far end of the site will go in first (the massive outerbank inversion thing). Doesn't seem like the construction crane is on site yet though.
image.png

My guess is we will see the two support towers constructed first and then the track afterwards, but I'm curious if we will see both towers go up simultaneously or if they'll finish one and then start the second, followed by the track. Either way, I'm way too excited right now!

Do we know the height of this inversion?

Could it be taller than The Odyssey's 124ft loop making it the tallest inversion in the UK?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Could it be taller than The Odyssey's 124ft loop making it the tallest inversion in the UK?
The dive loop stall probably takes the title because this only really inverts at about 3/4 the height of the outerbank.

EDIT:-
Exodus inversion height.png
Red line marks the most inverted point of the downward barrel roll, orange line marks the top of the dive loop stall. The dive loop is definitely slightly taller, however we could argue that the point in which the outerbank becomes beyond 135° counts and not just the *most* inverted point, then things get a bit trickier. I personally think that point rests somewhere between the two lines, so I think the dive loop is taller.

Last edited:

spicy

Giga Poster
however we could argue that the point in which the outerbank becomes beyond 135° counts and not just the *most* inverted point, then things get a bit trickier. I personally think that point rests somewhere between the two lines, so I think the dive loop is taller.

This sounds like one for Furie's old inversion chart 😂

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This sounds like one for Furie's old inversion chart 😂
I think furie's inversion chart is a bit of an outdated definition personally (no offence of course) and prefer RCDB's logic in this instance, as iirc furie puts the inversion threshold at 160° whereas I would consider an inversion anything closer to 180° than 90°, so over 135°. I mean it's subjective at the end of the day but I think RCDB's approach is more logical.

JackFish

Mega Poster
I don't personally agree with furie's inversion chart and prefer RCDB's logic in this instance, as iirc furie puts the inversion threshold at 160° whereas I would consider an inversion anything closer to 180° than 90°, so over 135°. I mean it's subjective at the end of the day but I think RCDB's approach is more logical.
I would consider an inversion anything where your feet are well above your head. So in my opinion an inversion is something at or above 135 degrees.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Swarm's first inversion is 127ft tall 😉

Aside from the lift hill, the three highest points of the ride are:
50m/164ft (the outerbank dive inversion thing)
48m/157ft (the first inversion thing)
43m/141ft (the stall loop thing).

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
The name? Theme? Opening date (expected)?

Maybe even the trains with zero-car design? That would be my bet.