What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So far, I haven't seen pictures of any supports that fade from gold to white. Do you think we'll end up with that awkward, sudden colour change from gold to white, as it appears in the animation, or is it just that any gradually faded supports haven't been delivered (or photographed) yet?
From what I've heard, the transition will be painted on once the ride is fully erected.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That was actually gonna be my next question - "Maybe they'll spray it on afterwards?" - but then I thought "Don't be daft Howie, that's a dumb idea."
Guess I'm not so dumb after all.
It's happened before. It's probably easier than doing it at Mack's paint shop where they'd just quickly spray every piece with one colour. Old Nemesis had it's rust painted on afterwards and Dr. Diabolical had it's support details painted on afterwards. The gradient is specified on the plans so in theory they will have to follow through.

spicy

Giga Poster
They aren't messing about! Only day 3 of vertical construction and look how much is already in.

It really is incredible how coasters just fly up once all the groundwork has been done.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
In fairness, the Hyperia-name reveal video gives us a glimpse of the train, and it looks to be a standard 10 row, 20-seater train.

I reckon it is highly likely that's all we're gonna get. And that's by no means a bad thing!
The Club 236 video includes a graphic that confirms a standard 10 row 20 seater train, but that announcement was from months ago, so who knew what could change?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It’d go a long way to make the ride more interesting if it had spinning trains, but even that won’t improve the ride’s length or lack of airtime. I will forever be salty about those issues over anything else.

Maybe they could invest in an onboard soundtrack? It’d probably be pretty cheap as they could use a 30 second royalty free clip for the soundtrack.