What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if these have been posted yet.
carconcept03.jpg

carconcept02.jpg

Probably aren't the real designs but they're cool anyway. :)

They're amazing, I wish that they were the real cars, but I have the feeling they will be 4 per car, but the 2 per car thing would make the ride take the elements better I suppose.

4271330324_391328dd17.jpg

I've just noticed in this picture how they haven't done anything with a huge section of the ride building =/

I REALLY hope they're not gunna leave it like that ugh.. Don't want another N:I..

There's 6 weeks or so to go, so we're only half way through what they're doing in terms of theming.

Should be fine. ;)

Has this been posted yet?

Therapy Offered for Thirteen:
Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13, and it affects many people throughout the world, so much so that they panic at just the thought of it. One such person was Paul McNichol, a construction worker on Alton Towers latest ride unconveniently named Thirteen. McNichol had to stop work on the project due to his fear and seek help from a hypnotherapist, to help him conquer his condition.

In an attempt to make sure that those like McNichol get a chance to experience the new world first attraction, Alton Towers are offering hypnotherapy to those suffering from Triskaidekaphobia. To find out more please contact phobia@alton-towers.com.
Source

Yet more crazy PR for a new Merlin ride.

^Are you sure that's official? They can't even spell 'inconveniently' correctly.

If it is, this is going just a little over the top, but it's still a great tactic if they can get the public to see it.

The rest of that metal tin should get covered up, you can see all around so it'll stick out a bit. Nemesis Inferno's was done like, a) because Tussauds were cheap, and b) it's at the back of the ride which is only an exit.

tks said:
The rest of that metal tin should get covered up, you can see all around so it'll stick out a bit. Nemesis Inferno's was done like, a) because Tussauds were cheap, and b) it's at the back of the ride which is only an exit.
What about that tin shed you go through at the start of the ride before the lift? Surely that is something on show to everyone who rides?

I doubt them actualy putting another layer of themeing (so to speak) over the top of the tin shed. I personally think they'll just put some kind of scaffholding on the outside of it as the plans show?

Yeah, the plans show scaffold covered with bit sheets in front of it to try and cover it :)

The plans show the building to have a bit more castle theming (with a wooden section) over that green box.

13building.jpg

So something like that.

One thing worrying me is there are no fixings on it. Even scafolding themeing will need permanant fixings probally.

neminferno37.jpg

Inferno had I-Beems comming from the main framework through the tin bit for fixings. So did this for that front section. It doesn't for here. Hmmm.

Odd I know, but a friend told me that someone said to her, the worlds first element isn't in the tower, but after the helix as you enter the station, they said the ride would leave you feeling "well what was the world's first?", then the floor collapses... okay nice concept, but not seeing it. Do you need planning permission to build underground, obviously they would need to evaluate the electronics, gas and water works.

Looks like the racing theme will stay at least a bit with the tire entrance... and no, I can't tell what that says.

I expect it to be a themed to a rally in Dark Forest, and the name staying. I mean rallys are in forests! =D
500888_cef79e31.jpg

as the race elements are staying just being..serious-ed .. =)

But I AM impressed! I think it's lookin top notch!

Status
Not open for further replies.