What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
bob_3_ said:
^Yeah but if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice it.

Yeah and if you're thick! Almost all the riders from Rita go straight across to the shop! It's well placed.

Yup! First thing you see is the mountain of tele's with orp's on them - and what's next to that? :p

Ben

CF Legend
And the massive sign that said "RITA SHOP".

Anyway that found that hard to find, didn't deserve merchandise.

A

Anonymous

So far the ride the theming and the area is looking epic. I may have missed out a lot on if Rita gets a new name now or not.

Lofty

CF Legend
Funky Monk wrote:
I was wondering that the other day, but if it is it seems strange that Hex is open for the Half Term week, as surely they'd be retheming it? I sure hope they do anyways.

No, They're not retheming Hex, Hex doesn't need a retheme anyway. Think about it, if they rethemed Hex they'd need to re-write the storyline and everything, it's not worth it.

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick? What exactly did you mean by retheme? Because this was a reply if you meant Hex being rethemed.

Lofty

CF Legend
I know, it was just the way it'd been worded that's all!

Yeah, maybe they've borded alot of it off? Or cornered it off and not letting anyone anywhere near Thirteen's direction.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see?

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
^ Yeah, sorry, I wasn't really on the ball when I wrote that, I did mean the walkway. I guess they could use opening a small area of that up to their advantage, it would give people a view of what was going on, but without giving too much away, maybe having wraiths guarding it. A bit like when Oblivion was being built.

If any of that doesn't make sense like my last post just ignore it, I'm tired, it's been a long week for me :) .

Lofty

CF Legend
No, don't worry about it at all :)

Yeah, that'd be a great little boost of PR for those who never went during Scarefest. I'm sure that end of the park will get ALOT of people heading over to have a little nosey too!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
bob_3_ said:
^Yeah but if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice it.

Yeah and if you're thick! Almost all the riders from Rita go straight across to the shop! It's well placed.

Heyyyy :p

I've been to the photo shop, but I didn't realise it was a Rita shop also. I think its very poor design.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've seen load of people get of the ride and either walk straight out the area or down to Ug Swinger. I've seen plenty of people asking where it is as it's badly placed. What would be better is have the exit lead through where that have/or used to have that racing game and convert that into a small shop and photo booth.
I know it's fine at the moment but if you don't know it's there's it's easy to miss if the area is busy as you get of the ride right where people are going in and out of UgLand.

Jake

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Theres a Rita shop... oh, I thought that was just a generic crap shop.

I think its odd how their exits don't direct you to merchandise shops....

There's a Duel shop too.

Martyn B

CF Legend
But Duel's shop is just a generic crappy shop too, selling tacky halloween crap.

(I'd like Alton to do pin badges again!)

tks

Strata Poster
If you can't notice the Rita shop when you're looking at ORP's then quite frankly you're blind.

It's not always possible at Alton to have shops at the exits of rides. Space is somewhat limited as it is. Also it's quite nice to come off some rides and not be bombarded by terrible crap they're trying to flog you.

Dave

CF Legend
Plus I always feel better when I get out into a big open space rather than a cluttered stuffy shop, especially if you feel a bit motion sickness which this ride could give.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
tks said:
If you can't notice the Rita shop when you're looking at ORP's then quite frankly you're blind.

Quite frankly,

I was just saying as it appears to me as just a photo shop selling generic crap. After all, you don't see what you don't look out to seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.