furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Enicomb said:
I noticed the CCL sign had gone....but why? :s

I'm glad you asked! ;)

Funky Monk said:
Do they need to take the Cloud Cuckoo sign down in order to change the Ug Land one? I assume it's just that, but I don't remember seeing that sign last time I went so I wouldn't know fo sho. It just looks like the Mutiny Bay and gardens signs are close together and look the same as what the other two would.

That's exactly it. If you look, the signs share a common "rivet" onto the post. If you didn't take the CCL sign down too, it would droop and look flacid. We wouldn't want that now, would we? :p

So, the loss of the CCL does not mean Ugland is not being rethemed - in fact, I'll eat Brad's sister's hat if it doesn't get a retheme.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
We wouldn't want anything drooping and looking flacid! :--D

It's good we get another subtle hint that, hopefully, Ugland is getting the retheme that it really needs!

Enicomb

Mega Poster
furie said:
Enicomb said:
I noticed the CCL sign had gone....but why? :s

I'm glad you asked! ;)

Funky Monk said:
Do they need to take the Cloud Cuckoo sign down in order to change the Ug Land one? I assume it's just that, but I don't remember seeing that sign last time I went so I wouldn't know fo sho. It just looks like the Mutiny Bay and gardens signs are close together and look the same as what the other two would.

That's exactly it. If you look, the signs share a common "rivet" onto the post. If you didn't take the CCL sign down too, it would droop and look flacid. We wouldn't want that now, would we? :p

So, the loss of the CCL does not mean Ugland is not being rethemed - in fact, I'll eat Brad's sister's hat if it doesn't get a retheme.

Well it was either going to be something simple (like that) or stupidly confusing :)

Maybe it's red herring and they're retheming CCL and not UgLand :)

marc

CF Legend
I will probably get my head ripped off for this.

The tree did look good but for some reason it now just looks like a lump of plastic, what have they done to it?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^I think marc they've added some extra branches around the top and not finished them yet...

Still, looks good... Will look better when finished (especially if they actually hide the tin ;))

marc

CF Legend
Its actually the main part I mean, it just looks so fake when before it did not.

Maybe they will paint it again and that might be what it is, at the moment I think it looks rubbish :( My personal view on it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
I will probably get my head ripped off for this.

The tree did look good but for some reason it now just looks like a lump of plastic, what have they done to it?

Whenever you come on here Marc, you just bitch about about Alton constantly! Can't you see that in the credit crunch, painting the theming isn't required. Alton have just managed to get this through on this year's budget.

You've been moaning for years now that they aren't adding anything new for the thrill seeker, and that theme quality is poor. Now they come along and give you what you want and all you can do is continue to bitch.

I've just had enough of these people who constantly knock every thing that Alton do - it's like they can't do anything right!

;)

Ahem, sorry - just couldn't help myself. Yeah, they've added new branches and connections which need painting. The main tree bit I think it may be the angle, it's flat against the wall which doesn't look great - I agree.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks good!

But Is the back of the building going to be like a warehouse? (like Nemesis Inferno)

I'm not too bothered but the pictures taken from where the queue line should be! So you'll be looking at that.

marc

CF Legend
^^LOL :) You just made me laugh at my desk :)

They have still not added anything for the thrill seeker :twisted:

Benin I know what snow looks like thanks I can see some out the window :) As I said I am sure when it gets its final coat of paint it will be fine. Was just a bit shocked when I saw it in the picture and thought what have they done to it.

Furie understands what I mean, thank god someone does.

I suppose I am being a bit over critical, but that is me.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bob_3_ said:
But Is the back of the building going to be like a warehouse? (like Nemesis Inferno)

Yes it is! :lol:

marc said:
Benin I know what snow looks like thanks I can see some out the window :) As I said I am sure when it gets its final coat of paint it will be fine. Was just a bit shocked when I saw it in the picture and thought what have they done to it.

Furie understands what I mean, thank god someone does.

I think it looks worse as they've added "filler" behind the tree and to the wall. That's a different colour and makes the tree really look like a bit of flat plastic stuck onto the building (which is IS, but it shouldn't look like that). I think when it's painted and in shadow, the effect will be better... Well, I hope it will be...

Martyn B

CF Legend
4271330304_f6450e7784.jpg

Its looking very, very good! Well done Alton!

Jools

Giga Poster
Foam is a fail!

That snow looks like it's been added for effect haha, it is looking really good, especially considering they're not real bricks, mwahaha had to bring it up :p

jokerman

Giga Poster
As long as you aren't looking to see if they are real bricks, you would never know from that picture. I think it will look good, assuming it isn't already finished.

Ollie

CF Legend
Is that thick white line going across where the trunk ends and the branches start snow?
Doesn't look like it stuck at the weird angle and comparing it to the other snow on the branches it looks different which makes me wonder why it's there.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I think the building (and it's bricks) look great! Not convinced on the tree yet and that's with the snow making it look cooler.

spicy

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Is that thick white line going across where the trunk ends and the branches start snow?
Doesn't look like it stuck at the weird angle and comparing it to the other snow on the branches it looks different which makes me wonder why it's there.

Its just unpainted foam, if you look its on the branches as they go along the building as well.

Anyway, overall I think its looking really good and I am looking forward to seeing what they do inside the building, if they keep this mysterious Gothic look inside it will be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.