What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
And so are some lower supports under the messy bit of track.

That blue has taken over now. Batmans, Bazzaros.

Random thought. I hope Rita is painted grey with green slim effects. You could always have a derilict/abandoned raceway being 'taken over' by ivy, weeds and the dark forest. Been abandoned because of evil spirits lurking about the abbey. Rita could almost be themed to a raging spirit, dominating the forest.

Could almost be similar to FV with the futuristic achilogical dig area raped by that alien. Air being the only bit that wasn't so raped. I wish they merged it better though.

That killed 5 minuets...

Darren

Roller Poster
furie said:
I can't decide if that's real, or a model that's been knocked up for marketing purposes...

A post on TowersTimes has stated that it was done by a professional ice sculptor during Tuesday night ready for yesterdays photoshoot. There is evidence of this on this Twitter site: http://twitter.com/JoeBourton

It's just a marketing purpose again, but quite a nice one at that! :--D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just read that - superb stuff...

He cheated though and used a shipped in block of snow, rather than using native Alton snow.

I think it's disgusting that they're note use real snow bricks, but imported, pretend bricks just for the effect ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend
4250821111_b0a5b44c4f.jpg

Surely they'd just leave it as a natural trence if it wasn't going to be covered?

And is it just me or is the track coming down hill as it comes to the bottom of the pic? (Probably just the picture angle though)

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah the track is on a slight slope to keep it's speed constant. It's a massive ditch there if you compare the height of it to the workman in the trench.

A

Anonymous

By the look of the bars that are sticking out over the trench then there will be some coverage over it at least...

Aaron

Hyper Poster
HA I'm back again... wow.

So, yeah I've been trolling the towers times forums for ages... oh, sorry, TRAWLING... I have to LOL at some of their suggestions, and yet I come here and it's just as fun!

A little point to note, did anyone else but me spot that in the background of one of those snow pics, two of the "builders" are having a snowball fight?

HAHA.

I'm still extremely excited about this coaster, and although I know spoilers will eventually come, I'm hoping to ride it with absolutely no knowledge of the inside...

Martyn B

CF Legend
^Yeah the track is on a slight slope to keep it's speed constant.

I was always under the impression that its an up-hill helix? Though I suppose it could just have one 'big' up-hill section towards the end.

Martyn B

CF Legend
On the 5th November, Screamscape reported that Rita will definitely be given a new name and colour scheme for 2010.

Yes it is only screamscape, but the same person also said that Spinball will be given a new name, which ended up being true.

(11/5/09) Another reader confirms hearing that not only will Rita be painted a new color, but also given a new name for the 2010 season to tie somehow into the new SW6 coaster. They also mentioned that we may see some kind of name change for Spinball Wizzer next season as well, though I’m not sure why.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
On the 5th November, Screamscape reported that Rita will definitely be given a new name and colour scheme for 2010.

Yes it is only screamscape, but the same person also said that Spinball will be given a new name, which ended up being true.

(11/5/09) Another reader confirms hearing that not only will Rita be painted a new color, but also given a new name for the 2010 season to tie somehow into the new SW6 coaster. They also mentioned that we may see some kind of name change for Spinball Wizzer next season as well, though I’m not sure why.

It hasn't actually been confirmed Spinball will be getting a new name/theme. The only confirmation is the re-paint.

Either way, I hope the Rita:QOS news is true.

Ollie

CF Legend
The Spinball re-theme has been confirmed. Towerstimes have done a news story about it and new park maps/leaflets have appeared in the Hotel already with it on it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Ollie, you completely put to rest the argument about if Rita is being rethemed or not there ;) :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
The Spinball re-theme has been confirmed. Towerstimes have done a news story about it and new park maps/leaflets have appeared in the Hotel already with it on it.

The thing is though, why didn't the people who noticed it take any pics?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Alton Towers PR department have told the Towers Times team directly about the Sonic retheme.

It's like Ian saying Thorpe have said their new ride will be Saw based and everyone going "yeah, right, I'll believe it when I see it".

Some people have reputations and they don't put them on the line by repeating something completely unsubstantiated.

Remember, I was at the Alton Towers hotel yesterday and saw the leaflets. Of course, I didn't take photos - so you can choose to believe me or not I guess. It all depends on if I am worthy of your trust...

Status
Not open for further replies.