What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Nemesis Inferno said:
^Which is my view...

No pics, no proof... At least we'll definitely know about both come February Half Term...

I'm not sure if this will help so don't have a go at me or anything please :--D

i came across this picture that may prove the spinball is being re themed.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12 ... 300975.jpg

they've painted the supports.

Sorry if this hasn't answered your questions .

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
furie said:
Alton Towers PR department have told the Towers Times team directly about the Sonic retheme.

It's like Ian saying Thorpe have said their new ride will be Saw based and everyone going "yeah, right, I'll believe it when I see it".

Some people have reputations and they don't put them on the line by repeating something completely unsubstantiated.

Remember, I was at the Alton Towers hotel yesterday and saw the leaflets. Of course, I didn't take photos - so you can choose to believe me or not I guess. It all depends on if I am worthy of your trust...

I didn't know you saw the leaflets, and I also didn't know Alton PR had contacted TowersTimes, all that Martyn B said was that someone on TT had said it's confirmed, nothing more.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I don't know if this has been posted, but the workers have apparently made a snow model of the front coaster car. I have to say, looks a bit naff.

Link!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I think it was posted a couple of pages back. Naff? I think it's quite funky!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one!

Whilst I'm not convinced it IS a model of Th13teen's cars, I'm still crossing my fingers :?

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I don't think it's a sculpture of Thirteen's cars. It just represents them, like not an exact replica. :wink:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
DanzibarDrums said:
19531_283317256200_21765316200_4866808_3425810_n.jpg

Well, looking at them again, I suppose it can be themed to look like it comes from a Dark Forest.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Well, the are no restraints on there :lol:. Also, the '13' is in a generic font so it doesn't look scary.
The '13' at the front makes it look like a race car. Also, there are headlights on the front. Could be a race through the dark forest?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you Towers Times:
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/t-find-number?det ... rk=2180753

Alton Towers have allowed the Trademark for "Ug Land" to lapse. It's no longer covered and hasn't been for a while.

It's either an oversight - or as we'd all guessed, deliberate due to a retheme.

Can't believe nobody has pulled out the real reason for both Ug Land and CCL signs gonig fromt he picture up there :roll: :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You must have missed the memo Martyn :p

Anyway, something I've been meaning to say... THIS TOPIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPINBALL WHIZZER OR IT'S RETHEME!

:p :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well it kinda does because of what I brought up on the other page, but that is kind of resolved now. Well if you trust what furie says :p

Anywho..... yeah I'm pretty sure the trains aren't going to look anything like that snow creation. It looks more like an actual car to me.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
Do they need to take the Cloud Cuckoo sign down in order to change the Ug Land one? I assume it's just that, but I don't remember seeing that sign last time I went so I wouldn't know fo sho. It just looks like the Mutiny Bay and gardens signs are close together and look the same as what the other two would.

Status
Not open for further replies.