What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
GMTV = Give Me The Valium

I won't be ruining it for myself by watching it. It's obvious what the track (roughly) does, but I don't need every detail when I can just wait a couple of days thanks very much.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Knew I should have said this earlier...

FOR THE GMTV THING PUT ANY POSTS MENTIONING IT IN SPOILER TAGS SO THAT THOSE WHO DIDN'T WATCH IT FOR THE REASON OF NOT WANTING TO KNOW (although impossible these days) DON'T HAVE TO READ IT ON HERE

Thankyou...

Beans

Hyper Poster
Well that was disappointing 13 on GMTV well, I think you will either want a sick bag or a sleeping bag, it looks boring.

Marcella Whittingdale made such a fuss, and how did the European Coaster Club get that privalige. Even they looked bored.

A

Anonymous

wth!
i sat here hoping for something unique , but my nans stanna stairlift could probably do better.

really fast launch back into the station mind.

And i didnt see any of the bootcampers , they where ment to ride first. (i know one of them)

marc

CF Legend
A mate just text me and asked if I had seen it he is not even an enthusiast and said it looked ****, says it all really.

Stupid Alton for showing what it does a few days before it opens.

Make that 3 mates now lol

stiggy

Roller Poster
Well if you wasn't up early to see go onto GMTV's website it's on there.

We all knew what was gonna happen and this just confirmed it. I sure won't be rushing to ride thats for sure. All that hype and .... nothing!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, just seen the video on the website.

When it's fully landscaped and themed, I'm sure the whole experince will be better.

Although the ride does look boring, I'm hoping it'll be exciting to ride. Most rides do look boring on video, it's the actual ride that counts.

I'm going to withhold judgement until I've ridden it but that video has confirmed that I'm not fussed about running to ride it first.

As for the worlds first element, it's nice concept but again, it needs to themed properly to be well excecuted.

I think Thirteen looks like an "experince coaster" rather than a tense, thrilling and exciting one, similar to X:\NWO.

Hmmm.

Mark

Strata Poster
Now, I just watched the video and I am the first to say that you should not judge a coaster by a video. You can never really tell what it is going to ride like that BUT at the very least that footage makes the ride look appauling!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nothing appeard to happen inside that building, in terms of special effects, unless thy have them turned off.

It looked awful in that video. What on earth are Alton thinking...?

Gazza

Giga Poster
Maybe there is a screen in front of you on the worlds first part....something appears to light up in the vid, unless that is just the camera adjusting to the light.

TBH, the drop itself does look to give a decent bit of air, but for all the expense they went to it with it, it would've been nice to use it for more than a few seconds.
Only a small thing, but its impressive how quickly it is able to reverse out after reaching the bottom...some coasters with moving tracks seem to take ages to align themselves.

Overall, it looks pretty fun....not a thrill ride obviously, but it still looks entertaining.

spicy

Giga Poster
So by that video it's as I suspected, a REALLY overhyped kiddies coaster that belongs in Cloud Cuckoo land. Yawn. I want Corky back!

Well I guess another 4-5 year wait now begins to see if the next coaster can be the 'Nemesis beater'.

Ollie

CF Legend
Just watched the video as well. Glad I didn't get up at 6am to watch that tiny thing. The ride does look boring and disappointing. But luckily I was told early on before construction not to expect much from it from someone who was working on it so I was trying not to get excited and it proves to have paid off.
I'm glad they covered the helix though. That might be quite fun. :)

Novas

Mega Poster
hmm... I've been defending this thing for a long time now, at the same time I've tried very hard not to get my expectations up...but even so, that is a major let down.

The outside part of the ride looks ok, apart from the fact that it opens in 3 days time and still looks like a building site, but the inside section looks so poor, basic and uninspiring.

Ollie

CF Legend
Not sure if the American viewers can get on the GMTV website. But the video's on Youtube if you want to see it.
Remember it contains spoilers.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oaTCppHeN4[/youtube]

Still don't know if you'll get even slight airtime in the back over the first drop though. The whole ride looks kinda force-less.

Status
Not open for further replies.