What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
^10% discount. :p
I agree, this is ridiculous. They're making it out to be some terrifying thing that will cause you not to sleep at night.

I has to do something more than just drop. There isn't much space but I think it will do something like Hex and give the impression of doing something much more than it actually is.

Maybe they've fooled everybody and the plans show the coaster going into the building, but the actual proper plans that haven't been released include a massive underground section through vast caverns, with more airtime hills than there are chavs at Thorpe park!

EDIT: Oh, and after reading the topic, the thing about the health insurance actually did get me a little nervous...

Neal said:
Perhaps it really is :lol:

;)

I can just imagine people coming out tied down to stretchers and babbling incoherently, and then some park staff saying,"They should have bought the 1 pound ticket!" :lol:

These stunts are actually getting quite annoying now.

Personally I think they are going a bit over the top now, to a point where even the GP will realise, "hmm, what was all that fuss about?"

^ By the time they think that, they've already bought the ticket into the park and probably spending a lot more inside. Merlin will be happy with that. It's not like it'll ruin their day, they'll just go off and enjoy other rides without thinking about it.

We cannot truly say that the majority of the GP will not like the ride either... Everyone likes different styles of rides, and I can imagine that the GP will enjoy any ride because they don't know much else... They don't have the comparisons that we do...

GP will enjoy any ride because they don't know much else... They don't have the comparisons that we do...

LOL!! Because the GP is all stupid, never travel and lets be honest, don't know ANYTHING, and lap up anything with track and wheels.

Seriously though, they're not stupid, if the ride is pants, they'll know it's pants. Most of the GP who enjoy coasters have atleast been to florida or mainland Europe to ride big coasters and will have something significant to compare Thirteen to.

OK, so they may not know how many bolts hold Nemesis together or how exactly a hydrolic launch works, but they aren't thick. Sorry I hate some enthusiasts ignorant comments about the GP sometimes. I've had some of the most interesting and detailed coaster-based conversations with people who merely enjoy a good coaster.

ALOT of my friends on facebook have posted comments and videos about how excited about riding Thirteen, and how they're expecting alot from it, it's not just us enthusiasts who are so picky.

^Oh the other hand some GP are completely and utterly stupid...

You get both extremes with GP, same in real-life, some are smart, know what they're on about and behave within the rules, yet you get some who think that if there was a power-cut you'd get stuck in the middle of a loop...

Also, how can you compare a world's first to anything else?

^^I couldn't agree more!

Nemesis Inferno said:
Everyone likes different styles of rides, and I can imagine that the GP will enjoy any ride because they don't know much else... They don't have the comparisons that we do...
They may not be able to make hundreds of comparisons, but they'll certainly be able to make some. Alton does have other coaster too. They'll jump on Nemesis, Air, Oblivion, Rita and Thirteen, then rank them in order. Yes, their comparisons are only in one park, but lets face it, that is all that really matters for a ride like this. If people come away thinking "that new ride was good, but my god Nemesis and that vertical drop one were better" then...

bob_3_ said:
I agree completley. OK, so you're unlikely to get members of the GP saying arsey stuff like "Kraken was boring and forceless", but at the end of the day they still do know a good ride from a bad one.

A really good example was when I put some videos of Jet Rescue on there after opening day.
Now, the general consensus amoung enthusiasts is that Jet Rescue is rather good and Motocoaster is rather crap. Since uploading, I have gotten many comments from the 'GP', saying stuff like:
i would have to say this is my fav ride so much fun and i agree with u all heaps better then the moto at dreamworld!
i soooo prefer the jet rescue than the m/coaster at dreamworld
this one is sooooooo much better.
OMG! I LOVE THIS RIDE! I WENT ON IT 3 TIMES AND LOVED EVERY SECOND! when i went to dreamworld i went onto the motorcoaster (very similar to this) but it was soo boring compared to this ride! i love it soo much! i like the curvy bits...the bit where you get wet..not so muchh

Conversely, the stupidest response came from an enthusiast:

Just goes to show....

New logos

wallpaper3-preview.jpg

wallpaper4-preview.jpg

From www.altontowers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.