Things you hate when people say to you.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Mike said:
I'm going to follow this up and say "Tescos"

No. It's Tesco. You're going to Tesco.

Agreed, though I didn't say it because I catch myself saying it too, and I try not to be hypocritical. I do flagellate though in penance if it makes you feel any better. I know it's wrong, and I never deliberately get it wrong, it just slips out sometimes, but I'm getting better and working on it :)

Nic

Strata Poster
PIN number

PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. Threfore, By saying PIN number, you're actually saying "Personal Identification Number number", and are therefore stupid.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
^That's something I've never thought about, but now having done so, it makes me think of people saying "SAT test". Which is, of course, standard aptitude test test.

BBH

Giga Poster
IntaminToWin said:
^That's something I've never thought about, but now having done so, it makes me think of people saying "SAT test". Which is, of course, standard aptitude test test.
It's like when people say "IQ Test". They're saying Idiot Quiz Te--

Wait a minute...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Apart from the fact IQ doesn't stand for idiot quiz, so I'm a little lost on your point there...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yes!

I had 7 years of no family Christmases, doing stuff with friends instead, and it was awesome. We rotated around each others' apartments, had food catered by the Hilton Hotel, and went out after we'd eaten. Soooooo much better.

I've decided to go away next year. I deliberately got flights for just after Christmas this year, to do the family thing, and I wish I'd just **** off days ago.

BBH

Giga Poster
"Why would you go out of state to ride coasters when you're an hour away from Six Flags?"

Screw off.

nealbie

CF Legend
Nic said:
PIN number

PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. Threfore, By saying PIN number, you're actually saying "Personal Identification Number number", and are therefore stupid.

ATM Machine also irritates me in a similar way. Numpties.

peep

CF Legend
Joey said:
I kinda wanna do a no family Christmas next year. Would anyone actually be up for that?

That sounds so tempting. I think in a way I'd kinda miss our family day, it's usually alright unless the awkward cousins turn up </3 I'd also miss out on the tenner my Grandad puts in the crackers lol

Error

Strata Poster
"Why do you drive an import?! YOU'RE RUINNING AND DESTROYING AMERICAN JOBS!!!!"

Being in the "heartland" of the auto industry, I hear this plenty over driving my VW New Beetle. Ironically, I hear it often at my various manufacturing jobs. All but 1 were owned by Toyota. You know, Toyota. That completely American company that isn't in various fields and markets and countries to build a stable company.

I really get annoyed with the "only buying american keeps american jobs". Around here, they don't get that most of the stuff we make here doesn't stay here. It's often exported to other countries, as we have to import certain things as well. If we only buy american, we're screwing ourselves over.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I don't know if any of you have heard this before, but when people say something they obviously dislike and put a like at the front of it.

For example - 'I like how you expect everyone to be nice to you, but your not nice to other people.' They obviously are having a go and I currently here this everywhere in my school.

Something else I despise is when a new and popular song is released and after a couple of weeks some people will start saying that the 2-week old, very popular song is 'really old and it's been around for absolutely ages'. What's that all about?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well, most of those "new" songs come out on the last CD, and as long as it isn't the first single, most people who buy the CD would have heard that song. Example, Lights by Ellie whatever got popular in like September, but the song had been out since October 2011 (I know this as it was played at work when it came out) so, really, it is an old song, but it was a new single.

So yeah, people are stupid with music.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
"YOLO!" I swear I want to strangle someone when they say that. It bugs me a lot more than it does you, too. In the animation for Full Throttle at SFMM I almost wanted to turn the chainsaw on myself when they said that. When in the hell did people start saying that?