What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

nealbie

CF Legend
Bloody hell, your college is clutching at straws if they feel the need to have General Studies exams! :lol:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Brazil game was quite boring, but probably the best game of the tournament excluding the Germany match. North Korea were quite tight at the back and Brazil were just quite poor.

Soon is the match I have been waiting for: Honduras need to lose substantially so I can win £8 in my sweep-stake for them being the worst team in the tournament xD C'mon Chile!

The CF group on the MSN game is joint 9th best in the world! :D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I know :p I did make my predictions, like, days before the tournament and haven't changed them :p I was expecting more goals this tournament to be honest, but there hasn't been...just loads of 1-1 or 0-0's...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Really disappointed with Slovakia, but I got to give it to New Zealand for hanging in there & getting the injury time equalizer. Can't believe that Vittek, who was on fire for Nuernberg a couple of years ago, took so long to score & Sestak should have been good for a goal as well.
I knew Portugal & the Ivory Coast would draw, but not scoreless. Portugal was awful in the first half, other than Ronaldo's shot off the woodwork.
Brazil stuttered longer than I expected, but scored two lovely goals. Just when I thought they had everything in control they let the damn Commies score. I was really surprised by how well the North Koreans played in the first half tbh.

Today's predictions:
Chile 1, Honduras 1
Spain 3, Switzerland 1
S. Africa 2, Uruguay 1

I'll post all my second game predictions after I get some sleep & watch today's first two games.

marc

CF Legend
The auditor from HP that I have been working with today is from California, well needless to say I have been getting some stick at lunch time :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Taking of work related World Cup bollocks, everybody seems shocked that I dislike it! Most people had me down as a "thuggy supporter", whatever the **** that means.

I would have thought that after working with (more or less) the same people for nine years, they would have realised I dislike football by the way I never mention it!

Today's predictions:
Chile 0, Honduras 0
Spain 1, Switzerland 0
S. Africa 0, Uruguay 54

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think this will go down as the most dullest, blandest most tediously boring World Cup ever

I know that games haven't been brilliant, but its been a good start I think. The games have been clean, no dodggy decisions etc, and the atmosphere seems great out there. The teams are just being a bit too cautious at the minute. The second round of games start tonight, so hopefully thins will get a bit more exciting.

As for now, not going too well for the Spaniards at the moment! The Swiss could have, and should have just scored a second! Could be an upset on the cards here......

Tonights game..... dare I say....5 goals!! 3-2 to Uruguay.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Well done Switzerland! Very boring way to play, but if it's effective and puts Spain second in the group, I don't really care!

Oh well, just one prediction for today. Might as well put tomorrow's as well.

South Africa 1-1 Uruguay

Argentina 2-0 South Korea
Greece 1- 2 Nigeria
France 1-1 Mexico

Lain

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
Well done Switzerland! Very boring way to play, but if it's effective and puts Spain second in the group, I don't really care!

Third, cos Chile won as well, innit.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yay for Honduras! Great loss! I'm on my way to £8, as they should easily lose to the Swiss and the Spanish - hopefully by a lot.

And the second half of the Spain match was shockingly good :shock: It was the most exciting part of a match I've seen so far....

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I was thoroughly impressed with the way Chile played. Very good going forward, always looking for the open man & the through pass, with a constant eye for goal. I might have to change my prediction of Brazil beating them in the round of 16. Honduras were simply disappointing. Guvaro, Pavon, Espinosa & Co. were so effective & entertaining during qualifying, but there were no signs of that in this game.
As far as Switzerland, it wasn't pretty in the first half but much better in the second. Now you all know why I didn't pick Spain to go all the way. Even with all their talent, their record & all the hype, they are always jinxed when it comes to the World Cup. There's still plenty of time to recover & they will go through to the next round, but not beyond that.
In spite of the scoreline Uruguay certainly played no better than Mexico did in the opener, but what a goal by Forlan! Why couldn't he do that in the last game against France so that my prediction would have been right? Too bad South Africa couldn't put on a similar performance as they did in the first game. Dreadful passing killed them more than the penalty & the loss of their keeper. Can't see them beating France in the next game, so goodbye Bafana Bafana.

Today's predictions:
Argentina 2, S. Korea 1
Nigeria 3, Greece 0
France 2, Mexico 1

Second game predictions:
S. Africa beats Uruguay (just a reminder that I got that one wrong)
Argentina beats S. Korea
Nigeria beats Greece
France beats Mexico
Germany beats Serbia
USA beats Slovenia
England beats Algeria
Holland beats Japan
Ghana beats Australia
Denmark ties Cameroon
Paraguay beats Slovakia (so much for my group runner-up prediction :roll: )
Italy beats New Zealand
Brazil beats Ivory Coast
Portugal beats N. Korea
Chile beats Switzerland
Spain beats Honduras

Dave

CF Legend
Hahaha Maradona!

36900_10150214084090381_560120380_13090871_918547_n.jpg

Being asked on whether he is affectionate to everyone.