What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well I'm going to be watching it. Obviously you're not all as dedicated England Football Team fans like me.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
No comments on the defending champs going out like a bunch of chumps? Well here's one. Italy sucked almost as bad as France, plain & simple. The two finalist 4 years ago are already out of the tournament & I couldn't be happier.
And yay to the Japanese for giving it to the Danes, who thought that Japan were simply going to play for a draw. Some real skill there in all three of their goals.
And thumbs up for Robben. The Dutch looked to be heading for a draw when Schneider sent that long through ball to Robben, who then took an awful first touch & turned it into magic with a wonderful spinning strike that ricocheted off the inside of the post for Huntelaar to volley into the back of the empty net.
But thumbs down for the Kiwis. After their greatest game of all time they took the field looking for a draw when only a win would do. This has been the World Cup of the underdog (as Japan proved yet again), but New Zealand failed to even try against Paraguay.

Today's predictions:
Brazil 2, Portugal 2
Ivory Coast 3, N. Korea 0
Spain 2, Chile 1
Switzerland 1, Honduras 0

Snoo

The Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w[/youtube]

I mean.. just throwing it out.. :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Beat me to it Dave. And a bunch of Yanks watching in a bar in Lyon is still a U.S. reaction. :wink:

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Just been browsing the Cheez Burger network and found this gem :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY[/youtube]

Snoo

The Legend
I've always liked football. Played it in High School. Soccer, now that's a different story. ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
Posted that on page 14 Mushy ;)

I still haven't discovered this "soccer" Snoo, sounds awfully smelly. I bet Will would like it though :lol:

Dave

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
I've not particuarly liked football, I've been bumming American College Football. Did one match at High School. Soccer, now that's a different story, now that we aren't a total failure

Fixed ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Snoo already posted that on this page. Might help to look before posting. :wink:

I knew Brazil & Portugal would draw, but never expected it to be such a dower affair. Same goes for Switzerland, who I expected to be a little more fired up after beating Spain. I knew they wouldn't make it through, but I hoped they would go out with a bang rather than a sputter.
At least the other games were more entertaining & I predicted both of the results correctly. Chile started reverting back to their old ways in the first half, but came around in the second & were rewarded with a goal. I hope they play that way against Brazil.
It's a shame to see the Ivory Coast go out, but there was no way that the North Koreans were going to crumble again like they did a few days ago. So Ghana is the only African nation to go through & the Americans will have an entire continent rooting against them.

Predictions:
Uruguay 1, S. Korea 2
USA 2, Ghana 1
Germany 2, England 1
Argentina 3, Mexico 1
Holland 2, Slovakia 1
Brazil 2, Chile 0
Paraguay 1, Japan 1 (Japan win on penalties)
Spain 1, Portugal 2

RCF

Strata Poster
^<3 I actually found that quite funny. American Football is totally an oxymoron :p

But I've been calling Soccer "Football" for awhile now so they can't jump on my arse

Snoo

The Legend
Soccer you mean?

And he was right about one thing.. Soccer being something like Jazz.. boring as hell.. :lol: