What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So much for the mysterious North Koreans. I guess that game against Brazil was a total fluke. I knew I should have picked Portugal to win by a landslide, but this has been a strange World Cup when it comes to heavy favorites.
At least I got both of the other games right on the money. All of the South American teams are really playing great (except maybe Uruguay) & a pleasure to watch. I guess playing in South Africa isn't as big of an adjustment for them as it is for the Europeans.
Today's a day I've been looking forward to, as it will be time to say goodbye & good riddance to France!

My predictions:
Mexico 0, Uruguay 0
South Africa 1, France 2
Argentina 3, Greece 0
S. Korea 1, Nigeria 1

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'm gunna give this prediction game a go.

Uruguay 1-1 Mexico
South Africa 2-2 France
Argentina 2-0 Greece
South Korea 0-2 Nigeria

Dave

CF Legend
I've been wrong everytime so far.

Uruguay 2-1 Mexico

South Africa 0-1 France

Argentina 5-0 Greece

South Korea 1-1 Nigeria

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nemesis Inferno said:
I adore the fact that the French are out, cheating froggy bastards...
QFT
Never would have predicted them to win if I'd known that Domenech would drop 5 starters.
Too bad the hosts couldn't knock in a couple more, but I think South Africa did better than a lot of people expected them to do.
The Uruguay goal came totally against the run of play, but what a beauty.
Congrats to South Korea for hanging in there even if it was more of a matter of Nigeria blowing it. Still can't believe Yakubu missed that shot in front of a wide open goal.

Predictions:
USA 2, Algeria 1
England 2, Slovenia 1
Germany 2, Ghana 1
Serbia 2, Australia 0

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hopefully in 2 hours time, the World Cup will be over for England.

Then we just have to wait for poncy & poofy Wimbledon to pass and then we can have an enjoyable sport free summer.

My predictions:
USA 1, Algeria Zero
England 0, Slovenia 1
Germany 2, Ghana 0
Serbia 14, Australia 2

Ben

CF Legend
The best bit of this World Cup was when they had Lewis and Jenson just do that little "we can win, you all suck" spite <3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats England. A well deserved victory!
I can't believe the grit & determination the USA showed today!
The Algerians played for a stalemate, something I will never understand as they had a chance to advance with a win, but the USA kept pushing forward. The game would have been so different if Dempsey's early goal would not have been disallowed. He was clearly onside & the ref got another one wrong. But the team never gave up in spite of all the close calls & they were rewarded 2 minutes into injury time with that fantastic strike by Donovan. What a team! What a game! USA through to the round of 16 - top of the group!
Can't wait for the Germany game to start to see who both teams play next. I really hope Germany win & we get another classic England-Germany encounter on Sunday.

tks

Strata Poster
Top of the group on marginal goal difference. :roll:

I'd kick everyone out in group C. They were all ****.

Nic

Strata Poster
I love the fact that Landon Donovan is going to do absolutely noting in the US to improve the reputation of the sport and make it seem any less girly or gay. Hahahaha!

Rush

Giga Poster
I thought it was hilarious that throughout the whole England vs Slovenia game, the commentators kept making a big thing of England being top of the Group table, only to end up finishing 2nd to USA. xD

Dave

CF Legend
It was good, but if only someone scored another goal it would've been so different!

Well if Ghana win and so do Serbia we play Ghana on Sunday, but if we win that game we probably will play Argentina!

nealbie

CF Legend
I don't know why people are making such a big fuss of playing bigger teams early on - if we want to win we have to beat everyone! ;)