What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It wasn't pretty, but the Germans got the job done as usual.
On Saturday the USA will be seeking revenge for their defeat to Ghana that put them out of the World Cup 4 years ago & on Sunday England will be looking to make up for those losses to the Germans in the 1990 Semifinal & the penalty shootout of the 1996 Euros. Of course the Germans are always motivated to beat England after losing the 1966 World Cup final on what they consider the most controversal goal of all time.
It's going to be a great weekend!

Tomorrow's predictions:
Italy 2, Slovakia 1
Paraguay 2, New Zealand 0
Denmark 2, Japan 1
Holland 2, Cameroon 0

nealbie

CF Legend
Should be an awesome game! Can't wait! Naturally the Germans would rather be beating Holland, but I suppose we'll do for the time being! :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Can anyone think of a good excuse to dodge work on a Sunday? With it being a Sunday can't use doctors/dentist/funeral e.t.c

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
John Terry = Hero.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Cen31GMkM[/youtube]

Saw this during the game and couldn't stop laughing. Found it on youtube, and can't stop laughing :p

Martyn

Giga Poster
^Haha, we were streaming it off the BBC in the office and it hung for about ten seconds on that exact spot. It was most amusing.

marc

CF Legend
I would rather get them out the way now tbh rather than later. And tbh this world cup needs something and what is better than this :)

Dave

CF Legend
Now if we scored one more goal, that would've given us a slightly easier run....

I love how this 'big investigation' would have taken place if we didn't qualify, how about we do it anyway? It's obvious there's something wrong with English talent, we don't even have a definite number 1, and the premier league aren't helping with nearly all teams having foreign goalkeepers and players.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^What doesn't help is the bigger clubs poaching the good talent from the lower league teams and plonking said talent into their reserves for a few years...

Yeah, the FA actually need to show some bollocks and sort the English game out, cos when the Premiership says jump, they ask how high... Just have to look at the increased parachute payments to see that...

jokerman

Giga Poster
I hate all of this stuff about how there aren't enough English players in the Premier League.

1. If there are better players out there, then clubs will buy them. The Premier League is a business, don't forget.

2. Italy have had foreign players in their leagues for decades, but that didn't stop them winning four years ago.

Dave

CF Legend
jokerman said:
I hate all of this stuff about how there aren't enough English players in the Premier League.

1. If there are better players out there, then clubs will buy them. The Premier League is a business, don't forget.

2. Italy have had foreign players in their leagues for decades, but that didn't stop them winning four years ago.

1. There are good players, but there isn't a consistent flow of English talent, its always in drips and drabs. Where as in say Italy or Germany its grown through clubs. English talent is always over-payed and over-rated which is why sometimes they price themselves out.

2. Yes but they still have a massive majority of home grown players, or mainly Italian players. Unlike say Chelsea or Man City who field a side of nearly no English players.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lol bad example that Dave...

4/23 are Chelsea players and 3/23 are Man City players.
Thats 30% of the England squad from City and Chelsea.
It should have been more because Adam Johnson should have went too.

Dave

CF Legend
Anyway some great songs from 5 Live's Dave Henson

At Least We're not as bad as France (Parody of Bad Romance by Lady GaGa)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLglFSV88w4[/youtube]

Vuvuzela (To Umbrella by Rihanna)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HmDVz1ED84[/youtube]

Such amazing parodies.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, yet again, I will be missing the England game this Sunday...Still haven't watched a full 90 min England game this World Cup :(

Damn you Brad and me seeing you! *shakes fist in anger*