What's new

The TV we watch...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI[/youtube]

Trailer for a new program from JJ Abrams (off of Lost, Alias, Fringe) looks pretty good, think I'll give it a look. <3

Also, saw the finale of Desperate Housewives today, anybody else watch it?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Just about to ...

I'm going to miss Marcia Cross's overly-botoxed face :(

kimahri

CF Legend
Petty attempt at a Revive...

Moar Anime! Actually got Black Lagoon on DVD. English dub is amazing. Also picked up Durarara! It's a really strangely paced...

Nic

Strata Poster
Jake and I discovered the joy that is 'Beautiful People' over the weekend, as there's **** all else on Netflix. I remember seeing a few minutes of it when it was originally on TV, but didn't get it, so switched off. I really wish I'd persevered. It's actually amazing. It had us both in absolute hysterics. I much prefer Season 1 to Season 2, but they're both well worth a watch.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Finished watching all of Dexter, it was much better than 5 but not as good as 4. The ending was pretty good and I can't wait to see Series 7 when it's released.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Just watched the entire series of Dead Set, as recommended by a friend. It was really quite enjoyable, and God knows how I missed it on TV the first time round.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ I remember watching Dead Set about a month after it first aired thinking it was be ****, and being pleasantly surprised. Great TV.

I've the last few days been rewatching the whole of Gavin & Stacey from series 1 to 3. Two episodes to go. Just reminds me how brilliant the whole show is, especially with characters. I remember the first time I ever watched the first episode it felt like I'd know all 4 of the protagonists a lifetime, and I actually cared about them. And here I am a few years later still loving them.

I've also been highly and countlessly recommended to watch Community and Game of Thrones, so I have them all downloaded and ready to watch for when I get back to university. I've wanted to watch Community for a while now, but like any series, I'm always determined to watch from series 1, episode 1, and I hear with Community it's ESSENTIAL to watch the first few episodes to enjoy the show as a whole.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
To anyone who like's good cartoons I highly recommend Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

I've also been going back and watching old cartoons I remember watching as a Kid. Static Shock and Xiaolin Showdown. Come to mind first.

As for current TV Futurama is still pretty funny

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ciallkennett said:
I've also been highly and countlessly recommended to watch Community and Game of Thrones, so I have them all downloaded and ready to watch for when I get back to university.

I'm currently making my way through Game of Thrones and it's good - yes. It was miss-sold to me though as a medieval drama, so I had to realign my opinions after the first (long) episode. Now I'm firmly in the "fantasy" realm it's much better :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I've just finished the first series of Game of Thrones. I was going to hold off and read the books first, but then realised that was a bit too big of a commitment. I like the show though, at least enough to now watch the second series.

Annoyed that the midget got a Golden Globe just for being a midget though; he's really not even got an interesting part and his accent sucks ass.

Oh and Community. I really liked the first series, but gave up about halfway though the second. It just turned a bit **** and started to think it was way more clever than it actually is.

Comedy recommendation: Parks and Recreation. It's kind of like an "Office" style comedy based in a small government department of a small city. Really funny, though it really gets better, I think, in series 2 and 3.

Snoo

The Legend
I've been making boner noises at Suits and The Newsroom.. the only two shows I watch religiously on television.

drzkid64

Roller Poster
I've been getting into the Original Twilight Zone. I am getting into The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad as well.

Frank

Roller Poster
gavin said:
Oh and Community. I really liked the first series, but gave up about halfway though the second. It just turned a bit **** and started to think it was way more clever than it actually is.

The first season is probably the best. They ruin Chang's character in season 2, and it takes them until the end of season 3 to get him even close to as good an antagonist as he was as the crazy Chinese Spanish teacher.

The Dean is amazing, though.

There's a few stand-alone episodes in season 3 that are pretty good, so it might be worth watching them before you give up on it. Remedial Chaos Theory is pretty universally acknowledged as the best episode they've done, and there's an animated 8-bit episode towards the end of the season that's amazing if you've ever played games.

With any luck, now that Harmon's out as showrunner it'll get back to how good it was to begin with, otherwise it'll probably get cancelled soon :(

And Annie > Britta

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Now that series 7 of Doctor Who started last Saturday I've been watching the whole revived series again from the beginning with Christopher Ecclestone.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Once Upon a Time:

I just can't make my mind up really. I love it in some respects, and have been sitting through back-to-back episodes without getting bored, but a few things are just annoying me.

First up, it just looks really cheap. The overuse of really, really obvious greenscreen instead of any real sets is just too distracting.

It thinks it's being really clever, when in fact it's being really obvious (Evil Queen=Regina, Red Riding Hood=Ruby etc.). The "twist" in most episodes becomes entirely predictable before you get halfway through them.

I HATE the "Disneyfying" of certain aspects of it (names of the character: dwarfs, Malificent, Belle, snippets of Disney tunes etc.) The source material is amazing, and using the Disney aspects - I get it; it's made by ABC, which is a Disney company - just really dumbs it down in my opinion. It's as if they think their audience is too stupid to get the references otherwise. Ok, let's be fair; they probably are.

Anyway, I like the show; I really do. There are just too many things niggling at me for me to really love it.

marc

CF Legend
I really enjoyed it as well, we watched them back to back.

Agree some of it looked cheap and other parts fantastic.

I enjoyed trying to work out who was who before they said.

Just thought it was clever.

RCF

Strata Poster
I've succumbed to the magicalness of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Actually quality, you can tell the writers know they're not just writing for younger audiences, makes the show enjoyable