What's new

The Maccy D's Thread.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Only here to say McDonalds all over Europe pisses all over what we have in the UK but specifically in Spain/Italy, the variety is great. Particularly in Spain, having GF option for buns for literally any burger is amazing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Only here to say McDonalds all over Europe pisses all over what we have in the UK but specifically in Spain/Italy, the variety is great. Particularly in Spain, having GF option for buns for literally any burger is amazing.
I found the Italian Maccies was really heavy? They did have a thing that was a bucket of wings, nuggets and empanadas though which was excellent.

Agreed re Spain - they had buffalo dip and cheesy shaker fries. And you could get a beer with your meal!

In Europe I think my favourite is either German or Polish.

Skyye

Mega Poster
What do the European McDonalds have that the American ones don't? (besides the empanadas at the Italian ones?)

Archie

Mega Poster
What do the European McDonalds have that the American ones don't? (besides the empanadas at the Italian ones?)
I have heard that the limited edition ''American themed burgers'' we have here in some European McDonalds are not actually sold in America. but I'm not to sure, that might be incorrect

nadroJ

CF Legend
The list is endless, there’s a great YouTube called Food Insider that showcase the UK vs US menu alone.

And it’s not US vs Europe, it’s US vs every individual country in Europe because every country has unique menus. It’s fab.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The UK currently has Festive Pies on the go, so we win by default.
How many do you think it's safe to eat in one sitting? 🤔

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Off topic I know… But just wanted to say that we do that at my pub!!!

Most of our burgers have a gluten free option… As we hand press our patties using mince from 5 cuts of beef… And substitute the bun for a gluten free bun…

Bit more expensive than your average McD’s though 🙈

46781148-B1CD-454B-BF59-5115C59A9566.jpeg

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^I've not tried the BK one so can't compare directly, but it was actually pretty convincing. Not quite the beefy hit of a Big Tasty, but I'd definitely buy again.
As a footnote, adding the bacon is worth it for the McServer's look of confusion alone.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Every Chinese New Year, we get these "prosperity" burgers, smothered in pepper sauce.

They're not bad, but it's annoying that it's the same every year, for around a month, meaning no other weird and wonderful concoctions in the meantime.
828da520002f2bd5ab01e7053de10a6a.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Tried the Chicken Big Mac today.

I went off beef burgers several years ago, so it's been ages since I've had a Big Mac. But this was nice. It's cheap chicken patties which is not surprising but a bit of a shame. And I do like that sauce.

Probably wouldn't have it again, simply because a wrap of the day is better value. But wouldn't say no to it.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster

I went off beef burgers several years ago, so it's been ages since I've had a Big Mac. But this was nice. It's cheap chicken patties which is not surprising but a bit of a shame. And I do like that sauce.

Probably wouldn't have it again, simply because a wrap of the day is better value. But wouldn't say no to it.
Wrap of the day is a sensational lunchtime option.

£2 for a generously filled hot wrap >>>> bland Tesco sandwich

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

Had to buy one yesterday, sadly not for myself, as I’m trying to undo 2 years of damage, but Cara enjoyed it.

Weirdly, we got one free too, and a free portion of fries. Had to wait at the drive thru collection window for all of 3 minutes, and whilst I didn’t think that was anything unusual, and couldn’t have cared less as I browsed CF, the young girl was extremely apologetic. She said ‘it’s all fresh, I’ve made sure as I’ve done it myself’ then winked at me, which I thought was really odd but thanked her anyway. Not until I got home did I discover what that was all about. Bless her, that kind of service is uncommon at our local Maccies.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I had a look at an American menu to see what treats may await me later in the year.

I must pre-emp this by saying that I am, mostly, a glutton. I enjoy consumption more than the average (trimmer) bear.

…. but my god, how vile is this? I present the ‘Land Sea and Air’ burger:

j1gaYki.jpg

Who the **** orders that? How is that enjoyable?!

I guess it’s the burger for someone who has to have absolutely everything at any cost, regardless of whether it’s good or not.

I do however enjoy that it’s not available after midnight, in BIG LETTERS, as if they are warning you’ll turn into a ****ing gremlin.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Thought this thread might enjoy my little story….

So at the moment I’m trying to lose some weight from having a baby last year, I won’t bore you with that but this week I lost a few pounds and today is cheat day. So decided I’d try out the new chicken Big Mac.

Went to the drive thru, got home, opened it up and they’d given me a normal Big Mac 😡😡😡. Obviously can’t be arsed to drive back so I’ve wasted a cheat day meal on something I didn’t even want! And now I’ll have to use up another cheat day on McDonald’s because I still want to try chicken version 🙄.

Anyway it was actually my first ever Big Mac and it wasn’t too bad to be fair, but still…not what I wanted 😆

Howie

Donkey in a hat
FYI - the Chicken Big Mac is old hat. I had one in Egypt about a decade ago, and other European countries have sold them on and off for years. To be fair, they aren't that great. Beef is the way.

Shamefully, I have had one of these before though. 👇
but my god, how vile is this? I present the ‘Land Sea and Air’ burger:

j1gaYki.jpg

Who the **** orders that? How is that enjoyable?!
Yeah... it was not good, won't be doing that again.

When it comes to Maccies 'secret menu' though, you can't beat the Mc10.35, so called because you can only get it at the changeover point between the breakfast menu and the daytime menu, ie about 10.35am.
Except that breakfast is served until 11am nowadays so I guess you'd have to call it a Mc11.05 now.
Anyways, it's a quarter pounder with cheese (off the daytime menu) with added bacon, sausage and egg (off the breakfast menu).... and it is BOSS! 👌