What's new

The LEGO Topic!

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Looking back on the "Watchu get for x-mas" topic I noticed a lot of you apparently like LEGO, so what's the highest amount of pieces you've built in one LEGO set?

For me, I just finished LEGO Star Wars: Jabba's Sail Barge a couple hours ago with 850 pieces. It's awesome!

EDIT: This is now a thread just for LEGO instead of a question.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Highest amount of pieces you've built in one LEGO set?

When Aidan was younger we built this together - 1254 pieces

lego-picture-7965-millennium-falcon.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster

Last year I built the Town Hall which had 2766 pieces.

I don't think I've built a Lego set since Christmas. And it was a small firetruck!

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

My second runner up; I built Jabba's Palace yesterday, 717 pieces. I really want Republic Gunship, Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and Desert Skiff.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
My goal is to get all the 2013 Star Wars sets. So far I have Duel on Geonosis, Rancor Pit, and Jabba's Sail Barge.

BTW getting JEK-14'S STEALTH STARFIGHTER! :D

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
^It's part of The Yoda Chronicles. It is a LEGO Star Wars TV show on Cartoon Network. Jek-14 is a character in that, and honestly, if has anything to do with Star Wars, and is not a knock-off or a made up character by a kid in his bedroom, it still counts as Star Wars even though it wasn't part of the movies/comics.

Building Mandalorian Speeder. :)

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
My review on Mandalorian Speeder:

Mandalorian Speeder is a 2013 Star Wars LEGO set with 211 pieces. It includes 3 minifigures, Darth Maul, and 2 Mandalorian Super Commando's. It also has 5 stickers. I think Mandalorian Speeder is a great set for it's size. It is a nice set if you want a quick set to build. It took my roughly 45 minutes to build it. It has two "flick-fires" on the side of it. You just push the black cylinders on the sides and out they go. You can lift the windshield up and down however I think looks better when down. You can also lift the hood/bonnet up and down for the flick-fire. There are 8 pads on the bottom of the speeder so it can slide. Some people wish it had wheels but I think others including me can agree that it is definitely best with pads. There is also a hidden compartment for Darth Maul's lightsabers in the back, which in case you where wondering, the colors of his lightsabers are black and red. There is also a missile that moves up and down but can't really shoot out. However you can still put one of the Commando's on the 2 stud connecters and handle. There is also blinkers in the back that can move out and in. There is a pilot seat for Maul and 2 other seats for the Commando's. Both of the Commando's have a handle for the guns. I really liked this set and thought it was very unique ad fun for it's size and definitely is a great set to build if you are looking for a quick set. It has a decent amount of playability and I recommend it for sure. I would also like to comment of how LEGO included the Robo-legs for Darth Maul as well as the black lightsaber. Basically what Maul is now is just like a Sith, but is not in the Sith Alliance, that is why he has the black lightsaber, which means that you are very narrow minded and do not belong to a group or master. I'm glad they included that. Overall very cool set, nothing is wrong with it at all.
7.5/10

I'll be building AT-TE, Republic Gunship, Homing Spider Droid and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid ALL tonight.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ahh I remember when I was a few years younger and I used to be obsessed with LEGO (my room was a jungle of lego bits!).

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Ugh, when I was building Republic Gunship my mom started raging for no reason and busted it on the floor and it came apart. She is now blaming it on me saying "You're my child, you need to be responsible for everything I do bad, s***head." At least she picked up the pieces.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I've never really been a fan of Lego, but last Christmas I did build the seattle space needle. I think it looks great!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't have any personal Lego of my own any more. I either gave it away 30 years ago, or sold it a few years back.

MMF has loads though, and some of the new stuff is fantastic. The alien invasion stuff with headcrabs I particularly like. Mostly he gets smaller sets though for birthdays and the like off people. So we don't have too much.

Here are the Star Wars sets I collected though (which I then sold on). All were the first issue Star Wars Lego sets in 1999/2000:
185px-7110_landspeeder.png

Bit dull, I never really liked the land speeder, or Luke... or Obi Wan. It was cheap though and the first Star Wars Lego I could afford :)

185px-7128SpeederBikesDismantled.jpg

I love Speeder Bikes though and Biker Scouts though, this set was FAB!

185px-7130_set.jpg

Hmmmm... I like Snow Speeders (did you know that they're not actually snow speeders, but a modified form of other speeder?), but this model was a bit pants actually :(

185px-7140-1.png

OMG OMG OMG!!! X-Wing AND Artoo... In Lego form? Yes please. The kit was superb. The wings opened and closed, it was just excellent. The little train thing was a really nice addition too. Bloody expensive though.

185px-7150-1.jpg

I think I got this for a birthday present, it would have bankrupted me otherwise, it was ridiculously expensive at the time. I love Darth's prototype Tie-Advance though, and the Lego Darth with burnt face underneath was great. It was quite a fiddly build though and prone to breaking if you looked at it too quickly.

185px-7104_box.jpg

I only bought this so I could recreate the scene on Tatooine where Han decapitates the annoying brat Luke. You know The scene in my head where Return of the Jedi is better (I think Han then signs on to become a Biker Scout and goes to Endor to kill huge numbers of Ewoks).

180px-7134-1.jpg

Like the Snow Speeder, really disappointing :(

250px-Set7144.jpg

Slave 1, Boba Fett and Han in Carbon Freeze? Like I'd pass that up :p

185px-7106_set.jpg

Load of bollocks - why did I buy it?

I also had a few other sets, the AT-ST set and Darth Maul's thing. I can't remember when I picked those up though, I think later to try and get Minor_Furie interested in either Star Wars or Lego.

I wish I'd had room to keep them to be honest, but they had spent years in a cardboard box in bits. I just didn't see any reason for keeping them and we needed both the room and money.

I'd love one day to have a room dedicated to Lego, with tables for specific model ranges. Star wars in one area, then a Lego City and train somewhere else. Pick up other sets too as and when, but I think most of the cool Lego has passed now...

Hutch

Strata Poster

Sanchezmran said:
I don't think I've built a Lego set since Christmas. And it was a small firetruck!
I lied! I just remembered I built this in the spring!

And I also remembered that I made a time lapse of me building it :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7s6yehZClg[/youtube]

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Since I retired from the Navy, I got back into Legos a bit.

The biggest set I've built is Tower Bridge, at 4295 pieces, and that one has NO numbered bags.

Other sets over 1000 pieces that I've also built are Sydney Opera House (2989 pcs), B-Wing Fighter (1487 pcs), Space Shuttle (1230 pcs), Imperial Hotel (1188 pcs) and Robie House (2276 pcs).

I've got every set in the Architecture line... I even did Pick-a-Brick to build the John Hancock building.

My wishlist of lego sets right now is the Tie Fighter and the Red Five X-Wing Fighter.

:)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I was never a Lego person. I had some stuff, but I didn't enjoy the building and playing with the finished stuff was pretty boring.

I was one of those awful kids who preferred playmobil, but that's because they had really awesome animals. Well built, large sized and good moving parts. I had a fab dragon. They have dinosaurs now that as a kid, I'd have died to have. I had a treasure island set that I used to balance on bricks in a paddling pool so the shore line was just high enough so the water lapped at it.

As an adult, I appreciate Lego a little more. Would still never buy it though, not for me or anyone else, because the cost of it is absolutely ludicrous. I don't wanna hear any of this "it lasts a long time" BS though because it doesn't. You loose half of it.

Lain

Giga Poster
Here's one I did:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBrFK_121g[/youtube]

Classic.