What's new

The LEGO Topic!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I love the look of it, but it's really expensive for such a small model - so I've never bothered. If I ever see the set a bit cheaper (unlikely) then I'll pick it up :)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Jason Voorhees said:
Oh yeah I also got Grand Emporium (2,182 pcs) for x-mas too.

I just won an eBay auction for Fire Brigade. "Only" $75 over original retail price. (But still better than folks who are paying upwards of double the retail.)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I love lego :p it's just often so expensive :/ I was given my uncle's lego from when he was young. He had an impressive boat which I would overload with all sorts of colours and decorations. I don't know if you've seen this advert they posted but I love it and it's so accurate:

legoad2.jpg

There are more but I particularly like that one.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^That's nice. I'm going to have to see if I can find more of them.

I just had kind of a bad experience buying the Grand Emporium. I haven't done eBay in years, so I fell for a dropship scam. I got the set, and for a very good price, but after I got it, I could tell that it was clearly purchased with a stolen credit card. I reported it to eBay and they are investigating the seller. I get to keep the set because it was a valid completed eBay transaction, but it still sucks that I was involved in something like that.

The Fire Brigade arrives tomorrow. :)

Oh, and it looks like Town Hall will be the next to retire, even though that's out of sequence. So, if you want it, don't wait too long.

(Double VIP points April 1-17th in the states makes it a very attractive time to buy, too.)