What's new

The LEGO Topic!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
So disappointed in you Lain. You didn't have it drive off the table in the end... Missed opportunity to be clichéd :p

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I built 5 Monster Fighters sets, Ghost, Zombie Coffin Car, Vampyre Hearst, Ghost Train, and Vampyre Castle

Vampyre Castle is my second biggest set I've built with 949 pieces.

@rollermonkey, I would totally get those 2,000+ pieces ones you posted if I won the lottery. :D

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Some of the new LEGO Star wars minifigs for 2014 have been presented.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35RxsUj2-UI[/youtube]

The Wookies and Kasshyyk Troopers are just awesome! I also like the Clones and Obi Wan. R2-D2 is a cool little minifig too.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Jason Voorhees said:
@rollermonkey, I would totally get those 2,000+ pieces ones you posted if I won the lottery. :D

Worst part is I tend to build a set, even that big, in one or two sittings. By the time I finish those, my back is a WRECK from reaching for bags to look for and grab pieces @10,000 times in a day.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
^The minifig scale, 2011 version. Once again if I won the lottery I would get the Ultimate Collectors Set. I really need to catch up in this topic, I have bought and built two sets since I last posted, AT-RT (2013) and Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter.

Neither of these sets are very big, but sometimes I just need something quick to build. First I will start out with Saesee Tiin's thing.

Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter: First of all, this set came out in 2012, it has 244 pieces, 3 minifigures, it is recommended for ages 7-12, and is set 9498. You get Saesee Tiin, Even Piell, and R3-D5. Now I hate in videos when they spend to much time on the minifigs so I will make this quick.

Saesee Tiin comes with simple dark brown pants, a nice torso with the Jedi robe, a Jedi belt, and a brown shirt. Saesee Tiin has a very detailed face, it does not have a double face (none of the minifigs do), and a very, very nice, detailed head piece. It comes with a green bladed lightsaber.

Next is Even Piell. This is my favorite minifigure in the set. It comes with miniature simple black legs, a nice Jedi coat on the torso, with the Jedi belt, and a black shirt. The face is very detailed with the scar across his eyelid (he lost his left eye, if you didn't know that) and I thing the headpiece looks exactly like Even Piell. The headpiece has his long ears, his extended scar with the one on the headpiece, as well as another little scar on his forehead. He has this weird thing on the back of his head for some reason. He comes with a green bladed lightsaber.

The last minifigure is R3-D5, There isn't a lot to say about this guy, just picture a green outlined R2-D2, and you've got him. He can fit in a spot in the starfighter.

Now to the starfighter itself. It is the color of a nice hunter green and a plain white. There is a cockpit for Saesee Tiin to sit in. There are four flick-fire's, 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom. There is also a handle for Saesee's lightsaber at the bottom of the starfighter. There is also landing feet at the bottom so you can set it down on a desk, shelf, etc. As I said earlier there is a nice spot to put R3-D5 in front of Saesee's cockpit. When it comes to play features there isn't anymore to say about this set. I really liek the Jedi Starfighter design in general so that is a main reason why I bought this. This is probably my favorite set under 400 pieces actually, maybe tied with Duel on Geonosis. Oh yeah and this set has a quite a large amount of stickers, but I don't really mind stickers like some people do. It was a really easy build and I recommend this if you are looking for a quick set to build.

Next review is AT-RT!

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I am going to list all the Lego Star Wars sets I've ever had.

1. Luke's Landspeeder (I lost it :/)
2. Hoth Wampa Cave (gave it to my friend because I felt bad for him)
3. Duel on Geonosis
4. Rancor Pit
5. Jabba's Sail Barge
6. Jabba's Palace
7. Mandalorian Speeder
8. Homing Spider Droid
9. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
10. Republic Gunship
11. AT-RT
12. Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Extremely sorry for the triple posts, but I need to update this!

We are getting another Modular Building from Creator in 2014 called Parisian Restaurant. It will have 2,469 pieces, 5 minifigures, and will cost 160 US dollars. In case you don't know what I Modular Building is, look at what Sanchezrman posted, stuff like that.

Well, we've got all our 2014 Winter Wave LEGO Star Wars sets. You can check those out yourself, just a little lazy today. We also have some Friends, City, Architecture, Marvel, DC, etc.

I should be going to my first Toy's R' Us while visiting Bellengrath Gardens in Mobile, Alabama, and there I will try to pick up Palace Cinema (what Sanchezrman posted the last page.)

Hutch

Strata Poster
^That looks pretty interesting!
10243_prod.jpg

I'll have to check how many VIP points I have, but I'm not sure if I have that much left (I think I used them when I got the Palace Cinema).

You know, I almost kind of want to get a Lego set for xmas. :lol:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Holy crap, but I didn't know that there was this huge, black-market, Lego world out there. People pay thousands for discontinued sets? :eek:

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
What got for x-mas lego's: Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout (1,619 pcs) Millennium Falcon (1,254 pcs), Lion CHI Temple (1,258 pcs), Pet Shop (2,032 pcs), and finally, Palace Cinema (2,194 pcs). Already built Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, and Millennium Falcon. I'm probably going to start the Batman thing today.
My early x-mas present was X-Wing Starfighter (560 pcs)

Of course i got some other non-lego stuff, like sour patch candy canes and a few star wars glasses but whatever.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Built the Eiffel Tower today. (Architecture, not Creator Expert)

I did find an online store that sold me Marina Bay Sands for $10 over retail, plus shipping. Just waiting for it to get here.

Hutch

Strata Poster
One of my xmas presents was the Back to the Future Delorean, just for **** and giggles ;)

It's actually pretty cool! :--D