What's new

The Games we play...

spicy

Giga Poster
So decided to blow the dust off my 360 yesterday and play Splinter Cell: Conviction.

What a game, seriously one of the best games I have played in a very long time. Must have racked up about 6 hours playing time yesterday on about the 7th level, thought I would play some more this morning.

Installed the update and clicked continue story to be told my data has been corrupted and I have to start all over again. WOOHOO! :roll:

Had a quick look through a few forums, seems the games been plagued with nothing but trouble since its release with very few people able to actually get through the 2nd level without it freezing. Todays update is about its 4th already which can create the data corruption.

Seems Sony have let Microsoft have all the trouble with the game and it will inevitably come out on PS3 in a few months anyway probably completely bug free.

Needless to say SC:C is being traded in for Just Cause 2 on my trusty PS3 today and I will be waiting for the PS3 version of SC. 360 will stay unused again to gather some more dust!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Got Mass Effect after much deliberation and my mate saying numerous times "Buy the bloody thing"...

Bloody amazing game, just finished my first play-through and nowhere near completed the entire thing, so now I'm gonna start afresh and ensure I turn the new character into a full blown renegade... Yay for evil times...

Defo up for number 2 now... But that may have to wait...

Also today I had a look at Beat Hazard a small indie game which is basically asteroids... What's the different thing about it? You can actually play your own tracks on it and the game reflects the sound and speed of said track... It's rather challenging and I may have to buy the full game if only for a bit of random times for £8...

I <3 Steam... Now when's Portal 2 coming out...

Ollie

CF Legend
First Call of Duty: Black Ops trailer is now out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0n0QKGKQCc[/youtube]

Homer

Hyper Poster
God of War III feels more epic than the first two combined and I've only played 4 1/2 hours of it.

GOTY so far, but I also got Uncharted 2 for my birthday and I haven't played it yet. I loved the first game, so all of the GOTY awards and reviews better be true. Naughty Dog has yet to disappoint me.

Snoo

The Legend
Lewis said:
^Prepare to mega wtf. at the end of Assassin's Creed 2.

Seriously, it made no sense.

Yep.. got mega wtf'd.. but can't wait for number three now.

Also just bought MW2.. prepare to waste the rest of my summer.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
spicy said:
...Splinter Cell: Conviction...
Installed the update and clicked continue story to be told my data has been corrupted and I have to start all over again. WOOHOO! :roll:

Had a quick look through a few forums, seems the games been plagued with nothing but trouble since its release with very few people able to actually get through the 2nd level without it freezing. Todays update is about its 4th already which can create the data corruption.
Aidan & I played through the entire game without any problems, as did a friend of mine who I played through the co-op missions with. :?

Halo Reach multi-player <3
If there are any CF Halo fanboys, you better being playing this. It takes a little while to get used to the new controls & weapons, but it's well worth the effort. Being able to choose a different class (each with it own power-up) for each game type (including some new ones) is brilliant & the upgraded graphics look fantastic. By the looks of the beta, the Halo franchise will be re-born when Reach is released this fall.

Ollie

CF Legend
Played Scribblenauts at the weekend with Maddie. It's good fun to play with someone else as you can take turns messing about on it and working out how to solve the levels. There's loads of levels and some that are actually really hard. Although once you know some of the best items to use it kind of restricts you from being creative. I love how you can write literally anything and see it suddenly appear. We just got bored when we couldn't win though so just nuked everything or got God to beat everyone up for us. :lol:

Also been Guitar Hero: On Tour DS. It's super short as there's only 25 songs but I guess they're limited to the amount of date that they can fit on the came cartridge. It also takes a while to get used to how to hold it as well and wrist kept hurting. But you get used to it after a while and it's fine. Even though there's only four buttons it can still be quite difficult on the harder levels and there's a few good songs on it. Can't really complain about it as I got it for free.
Also got the Decades game for free as well but haven't played it yet.

Also played through Heavy Rain several times. It's an amazing game the first time you play through and there's 18 different endings. I got the one up the crane first time but when I listened to a podcast with all the ending everyone got I was amazed to hear the ending taking part at different places as well. Been busy getting all the trophies. Also it's interesting once you know who he killer is playing through again and seeing all the hints they gave.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
New Pokemans...

743px-Corocoro7.jpg

Judging by these guys as the starters, fire all the way and maybe 5 generations is a tad too many...

kimahri

CF Legend
Demon's souls is coming out in england, so I got it at christmas :3

Still haven't beat the first level. Might get the strategy guide cause of that.

Ben

CF Legend
Just to throw this out there, HeartGold/SoulSilver may be the best Pokemon games since Red and Blue.

Epic. I'm gonna fill my Pokédex cause I'm awesome. Only another 313 to go xD

CMonster

Giga Poster
Well, you see, I just bought the game about two weeks ago for like $20... AND NOW I FIND OUT IT'S FREE!!! :x

I want a refund.

kimahri

CF Legend
"Who are you? What is that? Oh what's that? What's that? What is that? Ohh, that thing has numbers on it. Hey look at that thing. No, that other thing! EWW, what's wrong with your legs? Where are we going? Are you coming back? Oh hey, you're the lady from the test. Hi! What's that noise? Is that a gun? Do you smell something burning? Where are we going? Ohhh, what's in here?"

Curiosity Sphere > all.