What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Alan Wake does not look fun for me.

It looks like it has the same control style as Resident Evil 4/5 and Dead Space.

I hate that kind.

With a passion.

I would love a REZ 2 and PD.

Homer

Hyper Poster
big john said:
im looking forward to seeing ubisofts

Prepare yourself for one 20 minute long filibuster by James Cameron on how Avatar will be the greatest movie/greatest 3D MMORPG EVAR. Also, Splinter Cell not only being a MGS ripoff as usual, but taking the VATS system from Fallout 3.

Don't expect much. Joel McHale was the only good part of UbiSoft's conference.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Nintendo conference, slightly better than last year. Cammy should shut up and never talk again spitting out ****ty shovelware games on the DSi. However, at least Nintendo delivered on core announcements this year somewhat. Satisfied with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Galaxy 2, Golden Sun DS, and of course the new Metroid.

But please, forget the dumb Wii Fit sequel and the even dumber vitality sensor. I was disappointed Nintendo didn't acknowledge better 3rd party games (where the HELL was NMH2 in their conference?).

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ploddish said:
Another Nintendo E3 goes by with nothing really interesting. Hooray.

Eh?

Two new mario games?
And a metroid game made by team ninja?

Or are you one of those types that only likes fps games?

mrclam

Giga Poster
Homer said:
But please, forget the dumb Wii Fit sequel and the even dumber vitality sensor.

See i've talked about this before.. just because YOU arent interested in it.. doesnt mean OTHER people arent...

(where the HELL was NMH2 in their conference?).

Maybe its not exclusive? Maybe they wanted to show it off themselves?

Dead Space and Conduit both looked fantastic (if you like shooters) imho.

Homer

Hyper Poster
^It is a Wii exclusive, although the first game was originally on development for the 360. Ubisoft didn't mention it at their trainwreck of a conference, either, and they're publishing it.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Homer said:
^It is a Wii exclusive, although the first game was originally on development for the 360. Ubisoft didn't mention it at their trainwreck of a conference, either, and they're publishing it.

Well maybe it's not polished enough for the developers to show off yet?

I've worked on games before - which are 90% finished - but not polished enough to show to the public...

(bells and whistles and graphic effects normally go in last when you know how much framerate you have left over to spend on them)

mrclam

Giga Poster
Super mario galaxy 2
and a NEW 2d mario game for the wii.

that'll do me.. i *LOVE* well made platformers (and there are SOOO few of them around nowadays)... ESPECIALLY in 2d....

big john

Mega Poster
Thought id post here not sure where but seeing as this is games it seem the best. Due to me moving house in 4 days iv been having a clear out and found a spectrum 128k in my attick with some games if some one would like it for some retro fun im willing to send it to you if you pay postage you can have the lot for free id much rather some one have fun with it then dump it just lemme know here or PM

John91

Mega Poster
They're finally releasing Gran Turismo for PSP. Now I have to buy another game for it in the autumn along with F1 2009.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Sony's E3 conference, in brief:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. AhaAHAHAahAHAHAha.

Seriously: What. Was. That?

Swat

Hyper Poster
Just done watching.. I'm the biggest PS3 fan boy but where is all the new games? Most of them were old games we heard back at E3 2008?

Homer

Hyper Poster
Ploddish said:
Sony's E3 conference, in brief:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. AhaAHAHAahAHAHAha.

Seriously: What. Was. That?
I don't get why Sony is getting so much bashing:

1. Its not 2006 all over again. So no "Giant enemy crabs, weak point for massive damage, RIIIIDGE RACER, and 599 USD."

2. Granted, a Wii knockoff, but a good one at that. And better than Microsoft's NATAL stuff.

3. That sandbox racing game, God of War 3, and MAG all look good.

I'm getting a PS3 soon. Somehow Sony knows how to make a GOOD E3 CONFERENCE that doesn't drag on about "casual gaming and showing off **** shovelware," only showing off the gems and heavy artillery of the PS3.

The only thing holding me back from getting a PS3 is an "eh" online service, but its free.

mrclam

Giga Poster
I thought the sony one was the best - it showed the most games. I loved the look of the new ico game, and that racing game where you make your own tracks looked f-ing cool too.

And I have more faith in their eye-toy thing working than i do with microsofts. And lets not forget - it was SONY who did the eyetoy thing to appeal to "casuals" first (not microsoft or nintendo)

kimahri

CF Legend
mrclam said:
the new ico game,

awesome.gif