What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
OMG Dark Sector just got even more amazing. I've been chased through graveyards at night by zombies and escaped into a church. A HUGE monster called the Colossus then appeared and started attacking me. It's amazing, it was climbing the walls, ripping them down, throwing huge chunks of rock at me. Everything was getting destructed in real time and it was just crazy running round, dodging it's attacks and using you're Glaive (the three bladed boomerang) with the torches to set the Colossus on fire so you can get up close and melee attack him. :D

I'm so glad I didn't give up after the first couple of boring levels as it's getting really good now. Definitely worth the £5 it cost me from the ASDA website. :)

big john

Mega Poster
^^^^ just wait till the end when he comes back and kills you in a shocking plot twist.....

NA im kidding it is a great game though some of the bosses are tough to beat and it does get better as you go along and as you get more power stick with it the game is really great till the end, Little side note did you know the voice of the guy (cant remember his name) you play is voiced by the guy who played lex luthor in smallville.

Alos just have to say Infamous is ****ing amazing

Ollie

CF Legend
^No I didn't as I don't watch Smallville. :p
I don't know why but Infamous doesn't interest me that much. I've been looking at videos of it and played the demo today. It's good but it just doesn't feel fun or something is missing. Everyone is saying how amazing it is and I want to like it but it just doesn't seem that interesting to me.

Ollie

CF Legend
Why's everyone having a go at me about spoilers? You've never had a problem with it before and you've all done it. I bet you're organising a secret organistation to stop my evil plans. :p
Muhahahahaha!

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
Sony copy Nintendo and Microsoft again :roll:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/impre ... yepet-ps3/

Oh, wait... Actually, they've been doing this stuff for about 8 years! :p

Sony's motion sensing/eye toy thing was MUCH more impressive (From a game development standpoint) than microsofts presentation. There are loads more "real world" gaming applications for sony's thing. Microsofts just looks like "eye toy 2" to me.

But for some reasons the interwebs are awash with excitement about microsofts thing and not sony's? My theory on this is that people just get excited by seeing someone like speilberg on the stage - and then their minds cloud over as to what they're actually seeing .. To the point that they EVEN start believing Molyneux (AGAIN!)

However, unless they're bundled with the hardware (next gen?) i cant see them hitting off.

Again, at both nintendo's and sony's conferences - they BOTH showed off new first party exclusives for their consoles. Microsoft showed off (for the most part) a load of 3rd party non exclusive fps games - and pow! For some reason, the internets think microsoft had the better conference.

Me am confused.

This isnt a fanboy talking.. i dont even own a ps3 (want one after watching their conference though)

peep

CF Legend
^^That looks wicked fun. That monkey is so cute too. Would be great for when the cousins come round. That card reading tech works amazingly well too, they use it for that eye of judgement game which is cool (but gets boring after a while). I'm glad Sony are concentrating on their eyetoy again. Does anyone know the release date for the UK?

peep

CF Legend
^Yeah but that's next year, this sounds like its coming out this year :)

I would love to see a range of awesome games developed for that motion controller though. I wonder what the finished product will look like seeing as what they had at the conference was an early working prototype.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I saw a protype of the eyetoy monkey thing running about seven years ago. That's how long that technology has been in dev, getting it to work just right. It's where the next dev they've shown has come from.

Like Microsoft have been ahead of the game due to the nature of their business on the online front, Sony are well ahead of the game on this front - they have the experience by many years to get it right. Singstar for instance is a secret phenomenon, but all I hear about Lips is complaints.

Ollie

CF Legend
HEHEHEHEHE. Can't wait. :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkOAZqh4Og&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Smithy

Strata Poster
Clam, do you mean internet as in websites, or internet as in people posting? As I've not read around game websites as most of them annoy me with bias, and I tend not to get drawn into arguments online as the majority of people are Xbox fanboys and it's impossible to argue logically with them.

You could piss all over them and tell them it's a marketing ploy and they'd probably lap it all up as Microsoft being caring for their userbase.

mrclam

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
Anyone know what the Terminator game is like?

About as good as the movie... :lol:

Smithy said:
As I've not read around game websites as most of them annoy me with bias,

Games websites tend not to be biased - per say.. you just have to remember that they're not real journalists - and most of them are run by kids who are fans of games... Also if you ever do read reviews on line.. check to see if there are any large adverts for the game on that website first :lol:

So they're not the most reliable of sources half the time.. :--D