What's new

The Games we play...

peep

CF Legend
Oh wow, Sony's conference at E3 was amazing. Mod Nation Racers has to be the most exciting game I've seen in ages. That motion controller also looks so much better than that eye toy rip off that Microsoft showed off yesterday.

I'm still not sure what I think about the PSP Go, bit expensive but the size of it, wow.

I really can't see what people thought was bad?

mrclam

Giga Poster
for me -

sony had the best show (hands down) - they had the most games and the biggest variety of games on show.

followed by nintendo - who for the most part was pretty boring.. but they won me over with TWO new mario games and that new metroid looks like a great re-start to the series.

microsoft had nothing of any interest to me.. lots and lots and lots of carbon copy fps games... and an eye toy rip off.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The EA press conference provided the best moment for me so far.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6IAoPAjzpw[/youtube]

peep

CF Legend
^I didn't see that trailer earlier, is amazing. That animation is lush, I wonder what the actual gameplay will be like?

Smithy

Strata Poster
I wasn't expecting much. So was delighted to see that Sony destroyed everything Microsoft come up with and all the muppets who'd jumped on me about MGS, Natal etc... have suddenly gone quiet. Nintendo was as expected. Nothing amazing, just more of the same.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
Nintendo was as expected. Nothing amazing, just more of the same.

??????

and another ????

Did you SEE the metroid video? Sure it's the same CHARACTER, but the gameplay looks TOTALLY different

(unlike 99% of the xbox videos)

mrclam

Giga Poster
peep said:
^I didn't see that trailer earlier, is amazing. That animation is lush, I wonder what the actual gameplay will be like?

*yawn* another starwars game which ISNT x-wing :lol:

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
The Sony conference consisted of 40 minutes worth of PSP Go stuff, 20 minutes worth of fluff montage video of games that I *wanted* to see, and 30 minutes of games I already knew about, and indeed seen the trailer of (I'm looking at you, Trico.) I mean, the racing game was nice and all, but really, Sony don't seem to know how to do these things.

And how can the Sony Dildo be worse than Natal? I mean, at least the Natal stuff hadn't been seen before. It was **** stuff, sure, but at least it demonstrated stuff that wasn't shown not two hours prior in the Nintendo conference...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
On the PSP Go thing... I'm not overly convinced, but everywhere I looked while in the States, the kids in the queues had phones that looked almost identical. I don't know what they were Jerry (I don't even know if you can enlighten me :lol: ), but I think Sony are going for a fad kind of approach.

Though the Go needs a phone function, or 3G at the very least to give it the umph it needs in the comms side.

Price is way out there as well on the Go. Silly Sony!

Ollie

CF Legend
Where is everyone watching all the E3 stuff?
I'm catching up with some of the trailers and talks on Youtube and also some videos on gametrailers.com

Anyway been playing a bit of Dark Sector. First impressions when I started playing it was that it was absolute ****e. They didn't tell you any of the controls in the tutorial which meant I didn't know how to crouch behind cover when I was being shot at. Also they first level is all in black and white which gets annoying after a while. The controls also seemed quite hard to get the hang off and could of been better.

However...
I got to the level where you get down into the sewers. I then made my way to the doors when the power cut out, everything went almost pitch black and all these zombie mutant things came out. I was ****ing ****ting myself it was so scary, there was a very faint light in some bits of the room so you could see movement coming towards you and they kept appearing behind you and grabbing you which was pretty scary. So yeah, great introduction to them and it changed the game completely and it suddenly got slightly good. I then got further on where there's a lamp in the room and you get to see what they look like for the first time, this makes it scary all over again and the lighting and music makes you jump at your own shadow.
The game is a bit repetitive on the outdoor levels but I'm just playing a level, quitting and then doing the next one later in the day. That way I'm playing it in short sections and it doesn't seem as boring.
It's nice and gory and the blade boomerang thing is a pretty cool weapon as you get to control it and see close up shots of people getting their limps and heads ripped of and you can use it for close-up melee attacks as well by slicing them in half across the stomach as you restrain them with you other hand.

So far the game is ok. It's got a mix of really bad sections and some pretty good ones which balance it out to make it average.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah but they know most men don't read manuals. It came up on screen in the first level telling you all the useless stuff like how to hop over a wall. But when it came to how to fire and take cover it didn't say anything.

Also if anyone has pre-ordered Infamous and doesn't want the Uncharted 2 code, can I have it please? [/begging]

mrclam

Giga Poster
for those of you who still believe that the molyneux demo wasnt a lie:

fake.gif

look at the reflection...

mrclam

Giga Poster
hmmm indeed "Milo demo was partially being manipulated by a developer who was sitting nearby".

Its the wizard of oz

Ollie

CF Legend
Two games that I'm definitely going to buy the moment they come out. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ok9Nd5RMLk&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkP7Y04ITZI&feature=related[/youtube]

What an exciting year for games we have left. :)