What's new

The Games we play...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie, you better get it together because when I get home I'm going to pull a "UC" on you. I'd do it right now, but it's rather hectic at the office at the moment.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Oh! You're talking about mine. Well I change that for you when I get home as well. :wink:

mrclam

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
DO IT JERRY!

And clams avatar is still scary

I thought it was a fairly accurate recreation of myself.

maybe the lips were a bit red.. but the wrinkles, fat belly, breasts, etc are all there.

kimahri

CF Legend
Uh.

Jerry. I want you to go UC on Ollie cause he is a fanboy.

and Smelly (used to be clam) has a scary avatar that involves skin tight clothes, Large fat build and womanly lips... on a man. Do not want.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm not a fanboy. I originally liked Xbox more but soon saw the error of my ways. :lol:
Xbox does have some good games. Just not exclusive to that console.

I own both so I can make a fair comment when comparing them. :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
I do hate this thing amongst gamers where you cant say you like or dislike something for fear of being labelled a "fanboy"

I mean.. ffs.. it's a piece of electronics to play games on. If you want to be a fan of anything - be a fan of the games.. not the smegging hardware its running on!

sheesh.

I personally make no bones out of being a fan of nintendo GAMES.. But I couldnt give a flying fig if they were on a nintendo console or a microsoft one (actually.. that's a lie.. i'm avoiding all microsoft made electronics after this generation after having EIGHT (?!?) 360's crap out on me). But the sentiment is still the same

And it doesnt alter the fact that "playstation home" is a pointless load of pants. Sure it's free.. but then it has to be free as i cant see anyone paying for the turd.

I spent 3 or 4 hours playing with it at work on friday.. And after queueing for hours to play bowling - i gave up on that.. went to decorate my room.. only to find i had to pay $5 to buy said room.. etc etc

You dont actually do any "creating" in playstation home (as was promised) you just do a lot of "buying".

mrclam

Giga Poster

I thought it was quite accurate (wouldnt let me be bald though)

Ollie

CF Legend
^^I was on about how I really like Xbox to begin with. I thought it was amazing until I got it and I kept getting the RROD and I just disliked it and the games in general. Then I got a PS3 which I really enjoyed and still do now. The games are better and I find the online service better quality as well and the people are much more fun to play with as they are not 12 year olds shouting "**** you " continuously through the mic like they do on Xbox Live.
So yeah. I gave the 360 the chance it deserved but it failed to live up to the expectations and demands that I had of it.

But that's my "personal" view. If you have a 360 and enjoy playing it then good on you. But what I don't like is when people say one is better at doing something than the other when they clearly haven't a clue what they're on about.

mrclam

Giga Poster
???

There's pretty much the exact same games on both systems.. so how you can say one is better than the other?

Oh brother.. no.. why am i even bothering?

My next game will be out on both machines.. so you can buy it either way..

Pierre

Strata Poster
Why go over the 360 V PS3 argument again??!

Some people like 360, some people like PS3.
Some people like broccoli more than carrots, others vice-versa...
Its all personal opinion, and the 360 V Ps3 argument just reminds me of a slanging match in the parliament, where they're both bullish about what they're saying, but don't really know what they're saying...

Smithy

Strata Poster
Even though the xbox christmas line up is just a huge rip off of some of the most popular games on Playstation, like SingStar and Eyetoy etc... :(

mrclam

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
Why go over the 360 V PS3 argument again??!

(sounds of my head hitting a brick wall)

Even though the xbox christmas line up is just a huge rip off of some of the most popular games on Playstation, like SingStar and Eyetoy etc...

Are said games fun? Yes or no? It doesnt matter which platform they're on or who copied who! FFS!

sheesh.. i remember now why i stopped visiting here so often! :lol:

kimahri

CF Legend
Smelly said:

:cry:

All in all

Ollie is a fanboy. With a case of bad luck as well.

I've only had one problem with my 360 that wasn't my fault. I like it more cause I've had it longer.

My ps3 has crashed alot. I don't use it as much and its online is pretty pap. I still like it though I'll just use it for Single player games.

Wii does not interest me. The only game I have that is good is Ikaruga... And thats for Gamecube.

I still use my PS2 and Original Xbox. Yes the 360 has backwards compatibility... But it fails and I have the 80gig pal PS3.

I like Doujin and freeware games :D

peep

CF Legend
Yesterday I downloaded Home for the PS3. I was very intrigued by it, didn't play around with the character creation for long but it was very detailed.

Then I went into the Town centre place, bowling alley and cinema. They were all cool, very realistic and the interface to interact with other peeps is really easy on the eye and easy to use. Inside the bowling alley I played a game of pool with some guy and he won cause when I started getting good I accidentally potted the black lol. I also played a level of Echodrome or whatever its called but I had no idea was going on in the game and exited. I can't wait to explore further etc but I seem to have problems logging into its server.

Ollie

CF Legend
Peep on the Echochrome game you have to make holes and bounce pads to collect the echoes but avoiding the enemies. The levels are based on perception don't think logical if you get what I mean. Download the demo for the actual game from the store and you'll understand it more.
It's worth it because when you complete all the levels you unlock a really cool costume. :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ok.. must learn not to criticise something which is cr@p.. even if it is.. for fear of being labelled a fanboy or something.

sheesh.

To keep the saddos who prefer to big up the machines rather than the games happy:

Playstation Home is REALLY REALLY GOOD and not a complete waste of time and money.. Or something.

And xbox 360 hardware is the most reliable hardware i've ever used and I havent had 8 replacements of the thing.

And the wii has loads of REALLY good interesting fun games to play this christmas.

Happy? *sigh*